The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The same media who have unanimously agreed the way to beat City is to get stuck in and let them know they are there seem a little bit miffed about City getting stuck in and red card not being issued while completely ignoring a City player being hauled around the area. Admittedly we got away with one, but even yesterday ESPN were still ranting about it and Clattenburg was on a five minute rant with red card being screamed every few seconds. At least I and most City supporters can be impartial and admit we got lucky with the card,but it seems impartiality only stretches one way.
Blaming inadequate tools is what poor teams do.

I think there are 4 keys to a sustained title run and eventual winner
Clear philosophy , great first team , Sustained investment ( good B team) , mentality

Spurs - Yay, Yay , Nay, Nay
Arsenal - Yay , Yay , Yay , Nay
Liverpool - Yay , Yay, Yay , last league winner who is not us

So I feel come April we will have Liverpool giving us some competition. Beat Arsenal and Liverpool at Etihad and we maybe be comfortable come next May.

Okay I'm an American who is new to football/soccer, and obviously a new Man City fan. Couple of questions since being introduced to the sport. Where can I read up on the history of the team/players? What opposing teams should I hate? What opposing players should I hate? What the heck are all these different leagues all being played at one time? Which league is more important and why? Why does Man City have like 3 different uniforms/kits that are all different colors? I apologize if these are dumb questions or posted in the wrong thread just don't want to be a dummy.

If this is genuine humility and not a joke:

1. We're blues (we always play in blue at home and whenever possible on the road), you always hate the teams in Red like the rags, dippers, gooners!

2. Levels (google Promotion & Relegation)

Bottom 3 teams in league get relegated (kicked out) to lower leagues, top teams get promoted to higher leagues

1699721866264.png

3. Trophies

Champions League (European Cup): Best in Europe
Premier League (England's top league): Best in England
FA Cup: Best in all of England's leagues
League Cup: Best in all of England's top 4 leagues.

Win 2 of those you win a double,
Win 3 and you've got a treble!
Win all 4 and you've done the quadruple!!!!

1699722317651.png

Last edited:
Champions League (European Cup): Best in Europe
Premier League (England's top league): Best in England
FA Cup: Best in all of England's leagues
League Cup: Best in all of England's top 4 leagues.

Win 2 of those you win a double,
Win 3 and you've got a treble!
Win all 4 and you've done the quadruple!!!!

That' a nice, informative post. Never seen that figure before explaining the pyramid. There were things that even I had an uncertain grasp of (i.e. where the Isthmian League is situated in the grand scheme of things).

Couple of supplementary points, though, that our American friend should be aware of. City, having beaten Dortmund, Bayern (smashed), Real (smashed), and Inter, were unquestionably the best team in Europe last season.
I don't think that's always the case where the winners of the CL are concerned. Far from it.
We've won two trebles. The domestic. And the ‘European’. The first has never been done, except by us (in England). The second has been done once before (in England), by a certain club. Both are bloody hard to do.
Nobody's ever done the quadruple.
Vitally, because it says a lot about the club — when we were in the Third Division (level 3 on the figure), it was fairly common to get crowds of 30,000 and over. That is pretty much unseen in the English game. I claim no credit — I wasn't around to be part of those 30,000. But it's an incredibly significant figure and, in its way, worth any number of trophies.
Re. my last point. That is a truth that no supporter of Manchester United will ever understand…

Okay I'm an American who is new to football/soccer, and obviously a new Man City fan. Couple of questions since being introduced to the sport. Where can I read up on the history of the team/players? What opposing teams should I hate? What opposing players should I hate? What the heck are all these different leagues all being played at one time? Which league is more important and why? Why does Man City have like 3 different uniforms/kits that are all different colors? I apologize if these are dumb questions or posted in the wrong thread just don't want to be a dummy.

Don’t ever use the word uniform in any football related discussion son.

I think it's wonderful that we are doing as well as we are, that we are playing the game ever so beautifully, that we seem to still be a well oiled machine which wont break down, that exciting new players bring spirit to the side and that well established players seem to perform at the same high level as expected, that we sit top of the table and appear to be very hard to overtake.

And perhaps the most wonderful thing is, that we so far have done it without the best midfielder, and one of the very best players in the world... and he's soon coming back.

I think we will sale away with the title beginning of next year.

The next three games are so important
If we win them all we will be minimum 7 clear of spurs and 6 clear of Liverpool
if a gap opens up like that I think it’s a city arsenal title race again
Don’t think arsenal will be as easy to shake off
With tel games at home it makes today even more important

What opposing teams should I hate?

Don't hate any club or team unless they give you good reason to. Some people on here have been bricked or otherwise attacked by supporters of other clubs (I'm thinking of two in particular). I myself was attacked on the north bank at Highbury once. It was my fault, I was breaking the “rules”, and I knew it. I was wearing my colours ostentatiously, I was with an good Arsenal-supporting mate, he told me I'd be ok. He was wrong. Anyway, the guy was drunk, and it was handbags stuff really.
I don't hate Arsenal. I just haven't got time.
There are two clubs that I do hate, because I can't stand their supporters, and I've had plenty of run-ins with them, verbal and in one case physical. Again, nothing serious — handbags. Some people, though, have literally got scars.
Football in this country is very tribal, and some people seem to need to hate as much as they need to love. But hating properly is negative energy — it takes a lot out of you if you do it properly. I've only got enough negative energy to hate those two clubs, and one of them I'm almost — I said almost – starting to pity.
Probably this hating business is stupid of me. I'm getting up there in terms of age and I have just less all-round energy.

What made u want to be a football fan?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.