The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
next 3 league games Pool home, Spurs home, Villa away. all tricky in some way. not many teams would do 9 points out of these.

Villa won 5/5 at home in PL albeit have not played stronger than Brighton yet.
but scored 19 goals in 5 home PL games which is not bad.
Strangely I’m most worried about the Villa game now out of those

I think our odds shortened this weekend, despite dropping two points
Last time I checked we were 4/9 and Liverpool/arse both 9/2
Now we’re 4/11 and Arsenal 11/2 Liverpool 13/2

Win our next game and we’ll be about 1/6 I’d imagine!

How nice would it be to win it and not have as stressful a season as normal
Absolutely.

I love it in March / April when terms like "runaway leaders" and "champions elect" are bandied about, gives me a nice warm feeling inside

Top of the league after 12 games which is not always the case even in seasons where we've won the title. I'll take that.
I had a quick look to see where we were at the same weekend a year ago (ie, the World Cup break). We had 32 points from 14 games. This time we're 28 points from 12 games, so you'd say it's comparable. The difference this time however, is that nobody is setting the pace in front of us. A year ago, Arsenal had 37 points from 14 games.

Other things to note are that we have already played 7 games away from home, including visits to Arsenal, United and Chelsea. We still have De Bruyne and Stones to return in the near future and no League Cup again in January. I truly believe that we were able to win the Treble last season because of that defeat at Southampton in the League Cup.

Overall I'd say it's overwhelmingly positive. I don't think we've even really got going yet. Back in August, I didn't expect us to be top of the league at this point due to the emotional and physical toll that goes with winning the Treble. I see little point in dwelling on what went wrong in the three matches in which we have dropped points this season. We've been here many times before. All I'll say is that we're in the lead with plenty more to come. If Pep can just sort out our midfield issues then it'll be arguments on Bluemoon about pitch invasions again come May.

I put this in the post-match thread but thought I’d add it here too.

We’ve drawn 4-4 at Stamford Bridge before. In 1937. And we went on to win the league. The omens are good.

I will ignore the fact that we were relegated in 1938.
Maybe the premier League charges will be decided on next season :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.