The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Groundhog Day. Pretty much every season since we got 100 points, around this time, maybe a bit later, it’s the same routine.

’We‘re not as strong as we were last season’. ‘This season’s something’s off’. ‘We don’t look as strong as we have in previous seasons’.

2019, 2021, 2022 and 2023.

The only season where this perspective proved to be well founded was 2020 when Liverpool were already out of sight by the turn of the year.

At this stage we are one point off the top, with two of our most important players set to return and yet once again posters are writing our chances off because of hunches they have, that conspicuously ignore what’s gone before. They will almost certainly have had the same hunches in previous seasons.

I think this pattern could continue for the next ten years and some posters would still find something ’different’ about each of those subsequent seasons. Based on nothing but hunches.

No-one knows for sure how this season, like any season, will end up, but I do know that this manager, Pep Guardiola, has delivered the goods for this club again and again, and that’s good enough for me to think it’s likely he’ll do so again.

Fail to see how any City fan doesn’t afford him the same benefit of the doubt. I think he’s earned it.
I am more than a bit amused that this season people are saying we won't be able to do it because we lack Mahrez's experience. I don't want to cast aspersions, but I would be very eager to see these posters track records on a) predicting around November time how we will do for the remainder of the season and b) their opinions on Mahrez.

I remember this time last year people were decrying us letting bloody Jesus and Zinny go. We just weren't the same team without young Zinchenko's guile and discipline.

I am more than a bit amused that this season people are saying we won't be able to do it because we lack Mahrez's experience. I don't want to cast aspersions, but I would be very eager to see these posters track records on a) predicting around November time how we will do for the remainder of the season and b) their opinions on Mahrez.

I remember this time last year people were decrying us letting bloody Jesus and Zinny go. We just weren't the same team without young Zinchenko's guile and discipline.
Some actively thrive on the negativity.
What a depressing way to go through life.
Fuck me, the one thing that should be bringing a bit of joy into your life these days is this football team, if you can’t get happy about what you’ve recently witnessed then you’re got to be dead inside!!

How many games have we got past "third gear" this season, if we're talking percentages. 20%? Even the glorified training session in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford, we were nowhere near our best that day. And yet, we're within one point of the leaders, while in the middle of a tough run of games. Some on here seem too ready to give up on the season. Well; I'm not. We're notoriously slow starters, coming on strong in the new year. The four in a row is still very much on, in my opinion.

Some actively thrive on the negativity.
What a depressing way to go through life.
Fuck me, the one thing that should be bringing a bit of joy into your life these days is this football team, if you can’t get happy about what you’ve recently witnessed then you’re got to be dead inside!!
Some people aren’t happy unless they’re miserable!

More goals needed by other players, Erling can't score a hat trick every game
This. Seems to be an issue throughout the club as the women’s team are as woeful in taking the chances they create. We are just no where near clinical enough despite the amount of goals we score, we lost scorers in Mahrez and Gundo and the replacements have not replaced the goals they provided.
I do wonder if its neglected in training with more emphasis on keeping the ball as even Haaland does not seem the same player this season with the chances he is missing.

This. Seems to be an issue throughout the club as the women’s team are as woeful in taking the chances they create. We are just no where near clinical enough despite the amount of goals we score, we lost scorers in Mahrez and Gundo and the replacements have not replaced the goals they provided.
I do wonder if its neglected in training with more emphasis on keeping the ball as even Haaland does not seem the same player this season with the chances he is missing.
Pretty sure Haaland is on course to equal last years tally as well as improving in other areas of the pitch so far.
He’s human though so sadly unlikely to score every single chance he gets.
I’d say he’s better overall tbh even with the missed chances.

Pretty sure Haaland is on course to equal last years tally as well as improving in other areas of the pitch so far.
He’s human though so sadly unlikely to score every single chance he gets.
I’d say he’s better overall tbh even with the missed chances.
His all round game is definitely better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.