The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This we will hit our best form in the run in idea is worrying me as without Gundo ,Mahrez and possibly KDB we wont be able to rely on any such thing.
Points dropped today against inferior sides like Liverpool might come back to mess us.
We aren’t what we were last year.

Imo, we'll improve in the 2nd half of the season, but not by much because it won't be necessary. 86 pts win the league this season.

We won't go on a winning run because, again, it won't be necessary. But it will be tight at the top until the last 1-2 weeks. As long as we are close to the top come April we're favourites.

That's my guess anyway, but I'm fairly confident we'll win 4th in a row.

85 points for me I think, everyone taking points off each other, Liverpool aren’t that good we should’ve won that yesterday. Arsenal struggled as well, we are conceding a lot these days as well, still can’t lose more than 4.

See the tarquins are all giddy now top , thin kwe should hang around in 2nd spot until the last few weeks let them be top then break the cunts hearts again

I don’t feel like we are in a title fight yet.

City can and as expected will go up a gear now over dec/Jan. Based on the performances so far this season we have had defensive issues, midfield issues and not enough players scoring regularly.

We won’t always be able to go on a winning run. For me personally, I would like us to keep games tight at the back and try and win by Haaland scoring 1 goal. Unfortunately we always look like conceding atm.

The title rivals all have problems themselves. As of now, I can’t see us winning the league but this is city and you can never dismiss this manager and group of players after what they have achieved. So until it’s not mathematically possible to win we will be in the mix.

Taking 6 points from the next two games would be a great starting point.

85 points for me I think, everyone taking points off each other, Liverpool aren’t that good we should’ve won that yesterday. Arsenal struggled as well, we are conceding a lot these days as well, still can’t lose more than 4.
We need to start keeping clean sheets if we want to open up a buffer in the table, which at the moment we seem incapable of doing.

The defending against Chelsea was atrocious and even yesterday we gave away far too many chances, which thankfully fell to the big donkey up front rather than someone who can finish.

I get that we’re likely to improve significantly once we get Stones and Kev back, but given their injury records unfortunately there’s no way of guaranteeing they’ll remain fit during the run in, and so we need to play better without them in the team.

At the moment we look too open in my opinion and I’d like to see Lewis come in for Alvarez, and overall we just need to adopt a more pragmatic style in order to grind a few wins out.

We don’t need to be at our absolute best to win it, as it seems more teams will take points of each other this year, but we just need to be better at getting the three points without necessarily raising our performances overall.

Groundhog Day. Pretty much every season since we got 100 points, around this time, maybe a bit later, it’s the same routine.

’We‘re not as strong as we were last season’. ‘This season’s something’s off’. ‘We don’t look as strong as we have in previous seasons’.

2019, 2021, 2022 and 2023.

The only season where this perspective proved to be well founded was 2020 when Liverpool were already out of sight by the turn of the year.

At this stage we are one point off the top, with two of our most important players set to return and yet once again posters are writing our chances off because of hunches they have, that conspicuously ignore what’s gone before. They will almost certainly have had the same hunches in previous seasons.

I think this pattern could continue for the next ten years and some posters would still find something ’different’ about each of those subsequent seasons. Based on nothing but hunches.

No-one knows for sure how this season, like any season, will end up, but I do know that this manager, Pep Guardiola, has delivered the goods for this club again and again, and that’s good enough for me to think it’s likely he’ll do so again.

Fail to see how any City fan doesn’t afford him the same benefit of the doubt. I think he’s earned it.

He uses the first half of the season to integrate new players, work out what works and what doesn't, what his best combinations are and then he implements his learning in the second half of the season. If we are within three points of the top in January, we will go on and win the title again. Nobody else can do what he does.

Groundhog Day. Pretty much every season since we got 100 points, around this time, maybe a bit later, it’s the same routine.

’We‘re not as strong as we were last season’. ‘This season’s something’s off’. ‘We don’t look as strong as we have in previous seasons’.

2019, 2021, 2022 and 2023.

The only season where this perspective proved to be well founded was 2020 when Liverpool were already out of sight by the turn of the year.

At this stage we are one point off the top, with two of our most important players set to return and yet once again posters are writing our chances off because of hunches they have, that conspicuously ignore what’s gone before. They will almost certainly have had the same hunches in previous seasons.

I think this pattern could continue for the next ten years and some posters would still find something ’different’ about each of those subsequent seasons. Based on nothing but hunches.

No-one knows for sure how this season, like any season, will end up, but I do know that this manager, Pep Guardiol, has delivered the goods for this club again and again, and that’s good enough for me to think it’s likely he’ll do so again.

Fail to see how any City fan doesn’t afford him the same benefit of the doubt. I think he’s earned it.
It does get pretty disheartening reading all the posts from the surrender monkeys on BM.
You’d have thought they would have learned their lessons by now but I suppose when you are in a constant pit of despair it’s hard to see the woods from the trees.
Pep and this group of players don’t know when to give up, a trait that’s lost on many.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.