The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In a strong position considering the injuries we have had at one time or another. We showed glimpses of our dominance today but yet again we're sloppy in the final third and a fair few times at the back. Haaland's goal was against the run of play, we were lucky Nunez is shite.

The bench is an issue. I didn't see a genuine option today that could have done something different for us. Alvarez hasn't quite been on it recently and that will have been a real slog for him after the international break.

We know Pep will get a tune out of Nunes and Kovacic at some point which will help. And there's that Kev fella. Feel we could do with another attacking signing in Jan though, we might as well go balls deep for 4 in a row.

We are not going to win the title the way we are curently playing , we are giving possession away , we are giving opposition midfielders too much time and space and our defence are making too many basic errors.
We need KDB & Stones back in the team ASAP , they give us control and creativity , playing Akanji in the Stones role just isnt working and Alavarez is a striker trying to make a fist of replacing the best midfield player around . If we can keep within a couple of points of the leaders and get our players fit we will waltz this title race after Xmas.
We will win the title because:

A. We will improve
B. The opposition isn’t good enough.

This we will hit our best form in the run in idea is worrying me as without Gundo ,Mahrez and possibly KDB we wont be able to rely on any such thing.
Points dropped today against inferior sides like Liverpool might come back to mess us.
We aren’t what we were last year.

Not good enough at the moment. 1 win against teams we've played in the top 6. That team being a not very match sharp Newcastle. Sloppy and mentally blunt at the moment. If we don't win the Spurs game at home I'd feel very nervous about us winning the title again. We'd have to go to Anfield, Spuds and St James and come away with 7 points min. Can't see us doing that. Set of absolute melts at the moment our lot. Sort it the fuck out City!
We've only played 3 games against top 6 - won 1 drawn 1 lost 1. With proper ref'ing, we win today's game and we lost to a deflected goal away to Arsenal. We've also beaten the 7th and 8th place sides. So 3-1-1 against top 8. Not bad considering we are generally slow starters and the festoon of injuries we have had.

We've only played 3 games against top 6 - won 1 drawn 1 lost 1. With proper ref'ing, we win today's game and we lost to a deflected goal away to Arsenal. We've also beaten the 7th and 8th place sides. So 3-1-1 against top 8. Not bad considering we are generally slow starters and the festoon of injuries we have had.
Small squad (Pep’s preference) doesn’t help.

In a strong position considering the injuries we have had at one time or another. We showed glimpses of our dominance today but yet again we're sloppy in the final third and a fair few times at the back. Haaland's goal was against the run of play, we were lucky Nunez is shite.

The bench is an issue. I didn't see a genuine option today that could have done something different for us. Alvarez hasn't quite been on it recently and that will have been a real slog for him after the international break.

We know Pep will get a tune out of Nunes and Kovacic at some point which will help. And there's that Kev fella. Feel we could do with another attacking signing in Jan though, we might as well go balls deep for 4 in a row.
Pre-match yesterday I drooled at the option of Vinnie, David S 'n Sergio starting. Jeez, that last guy scored some stunners against the Dippers, and then I saw the bench!

As an aside, was there any mention of the number of tactical fouls perpetrated by Liverpool? We only have to get to one before there's a Netflix series on 'City's Tactical Fouls'!

This we will hit our best form in the run in idea is worrying me as without Gundo ,Mahrez and possibly KDB we wont be able to rely on any such thing.
Points dropped today against inferior sides like Liverpool might come back to mess us.
We aren’t what we were last year.
I agree, everyone is just assuming that we’ll do what we have done in the past and storm home … I genuinely have my doubts if we are without Stonesy & Kev for much longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.