The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we are really struggling in the league this season.
We’ve already dropped points in vital games where we got maximum points last season ( Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea ) plus a bit of a freak result at Wolves.
I’ll always back us at home but it’s the away games that we’ve got left where we will continue to slip up imho.
We’ve still got to go to Anfield, Spurs, Forest, Geordies, Villa, Brighton and Brentford. We got a total of 4 points from those games last season. We had already won the title by the time we got to Brighton and Brentford though so you could say we had the two finals on our minds.
Sadly, I think we will just run out of steam/motivation after last seasons exertions.
Obviously, I hope I’m wrong and Pep and the players can dig deep and continue to bring success.
When you say struggling, what you're really trying to say is 1 point off the top?

2017-18 was the most enjoyable, but I agree that the unbearable tension of 18-19 and 21-22 made the final day more emotional.

I'm really not sure about this season, especially as City and Liverpool have both dropped a few silly points and neither seem quite as powerful as in previous campaigns.
Arsenal play at Anfield when we're in Saudi, and whilst a draw won't be a bad result, I've got a feeling that a Liverpool win might work in our favour.

Finally, I keep reading about our injuries and the sense that everything will work out fine once De Bruyne and Stones return to full fitness and hit the ground running.
If only it was that simple.

Last edited:
As an Arsenal fan I'm having a bit of a chuckle at some of these posts as they are pretty much the same as this time last year. 'City not playing well, this season we aren't as strong' etc. Pretty sure last year turned out OK for you in the end

I'm not remotely worried about Liverpool as a title threat to Arsenal, I'd expect us to finish 5 points ahead of them and I think a lot of City fans have been conditioned to seeing them as your main rivals because of recent seasons.

I fully expect City to do what they do every year and go on a run leading up to the end of the season so I think we need to be at least 6 clear going into March and I just can't see it. So I reckon 2nd for us again behind City, Dippers 3rd. 4th is between about 4 sides (Rags, Villa, Sp*rs, Barcodes).

As an Arsenal fan I'm having a bit of a chuckle at some of these posts as they are pretty much the same as this time last year. 'City not playing well, this season we aren't as strong' etc. Pretty sure last year turned out OK for you in the end

I'm not remotely worried about Liverpool as a title threat to Arsenal, I'd expect us to finish 5 points ahead of them and I think a lot of City fans have been conditioned to seeing them as your main rivals because of recent seasons.

I fully expect City to do what they do every year and go on a run leading up to the end of the season so I think we need to be at least 6 clear going into March and I just can't see it. So I reckon 2nd for us again behind City, Dippers 3rd. 4th is between about 4 sides (Rags, Villa, Sp*rs, Barcodes).

I think it was NYE last year when we drew with Everton before you beat Brighton away in the evening game. We'd been inconsistent, the balance wasn't there. We couldn't get Haaland in the game enough and were easily attacked because of a lack of balance. Then Pep experimented. Dropped players who were previously the first names on the team sheet. Chopped and changed things and then developed this John Stones hybrid role. Things clicked, we fired and the rest is history. I didn't think for a moment we would win the league after that result, let alone the treble.

The fact we're 1pt off top at this stage is promising.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.