The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kevin may need 5-6 weeks to get properly going. As long as he's in top form by March, that's good enough for me. The notion that as soon as he's back we'll go on a winning run may be too optimistic.

The aim is to be top or close to the top come March/April. It would be nice to have 5-6 pts advantage before the last 6-8 games, but I think it won't happen. Will be a tight affair again.

Kevin may need 5-6 weeks to get properly going. As long as he's in top form by March, that's good enough for me. The notion that as soon as he's back we'll go on a winning run may be too optimistic.

The aim is to be top or close to the top come March/April. It would be nice to have 5-6 pts advantage before the last 6-8 games, but I think it won't happen. Will be a tight affair again.

We miss Kev, as any team would a player of his ability. He's the best player in the league by some distance.

I like Alvarez, but he's out of form at the moment and sadly I couldn't help but think we'd have been 3-0 up if it had have been Kev playing instead of him. The counter in the first half where Doku played it to him and he put it across the goal and out of play - De Bruyne pops that on Haaland's foot. When Doku pulled it back for him in the second half - again Kev either finds Haaland or probably buries it.

But we're still finding form with these partnerships. When Doku was driving forwards after Bernie's magic it didn't seem like anyone really knew where to move. Haaland was running straight ahead of him, looking like he wanted the ball played through early. We'll get there in time. We should have plenty of chances against Spurs - it's going to be a cracker.

It's also becoming more improbable we'll see a 90+ point title winner this year. Arsenal are on track to finish on 87/88 points. Ourselves 85 and Liverpool 82.

Our 100-point season was remarkable and arguably the best achievement in English footballing history.

It's also becoming more improbable we'll see a 90+ point title winner this year. Arsenal are on track to finish on 87/88 points. Ourselves 85 and Liverpool 82.

Our 100-point season was remarkable and arguably the best achievement in English footballing history.
For me, winning the last 14 games of the following season was a bigger achievement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.