The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I agree with Gary here. The addition of Rice has made them rock-solid at the back, and while he's likely a big part of the reason their attack has dipped off, they still have more than enough quality to make up for it and win games 1-0,2-1, etc.

The title winner will either be City or Arsenal. Liverpool could get in the mix but for whatever reason, I just don't see it happening for them this season.

As a club we don't like leading the pack never have done, we just lurk in the background let others get giddy at their prospects and the next thing they know we are breathing down their necks, I think there's some interesting psychology involved, we just never get giddy, last season was exactly the same although I am not sure if the world cup break helped or hindered us, because I remember us being off par in the early part of the season, I am relaxed about it of course i want us to win everything we are in, but if we don't so what

I agree with Gary here. The addition of Rice has made them rock-solid at the back, and while he's likely a big part of the reason their attack has dipped off, they still have more than enough quality to make up for it and win games 1-0,2-1, etc.

The title winner will either be City or Arsenal. Liverpool could get in the mix but for whatever reason, I just don't see it happening for them this season.
I think Gary’s memory of last year is a little faulty. They absolutely had some crappy performances and still got wins last year. One of the most notable was the win in the 97th minute against Bournemouth on a Reiss Nelson goal for Arensal. I think Arsenal is largely the same level of team they were last year.

I think we are really struggling in the league this season.
We’ve already dropped points in vital games where we got maximum points last season ( Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea ) plus a bit of a freak result at Wolves.
I’ll always back us at home but it’s the away games that we’ve got left where we will continue to slip up imho.
We’ve still got to go to Anfield, Spurs, Forest, Geordies, Villa, Brighton and Brentford. We got a total of 4 points from those games last season. We had already won the title by the time we got to Brighton and Brentford though so you could say we had the two finals on our minds.
Sadly, I think we will just run out of steam/motivation after last seasons exertions.
Obviously, I hope I’m wrong and Pep and the players can dig deep and continue to bring success.
I genuinely do not understand this “we got 4 points from those games” last season mentality. So what? It has absolutely no bearing on this season.

We've won 23 and drawn 1 of our last 24 home games. Does that mean that we’ll win 23 and draw 1 of our next 24? I mean, I hope so, but I very much doubt it!

The 1-0 win for Arsenal against City at the Emirates would have been impossible last year. Arsenal were horrible, miserly at the back, lots of tactical fouls and time outs, knees and pushes by Saliba on Haaland, a bit of Atletico about them but despite missing Saka they stank out a 1-0 win without City ever looking likely to score.

Wasn't pretty but if they'd gone toe to toe
with City they'd have gotten picked off so they do have the ability to win 'ugly' now.

The 1-0 win for Arsenal against City at the Emirates would have been impossible last year. Arsenal were horrible, miserly at the back, lots of tactical fouls and time outs, knees and pushes by Saliba on Haaland, a bit of Atletico about them but despite missing Saka they stank out a 1-0 win without City ever looking likely to score.

Wasn't pretty but if they'd gone toe to toe
with City they'd have gotten picked off so they do have the ability to win 'ugly' now.
You're right to a point, but we were missing our 3 best players. Take out your 3 best and what do you thinkg the result would be?

You're right to a point, but we were missing our 3 best players. Take out your 3 best and what do you thinkg the result would be?
We had Saka out for the whole match, Martinelli was half fit and came on 2nd half and our central midfield anchor was Jorginho. So both teams were missing players and Saka is unquestionably our best attacker.

Imo, they won't win more points than last season. 2nd or 3rd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.