The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We sold Kev? When did that happen?

Don’t see how your post even begins to address your claim of being in possession of reality, which btw implies anyone who doesn’t share your view is not.

You have simply stated three opinions, which conspicuously ignore the lessons of the past, both in terms of individuals and the time they nearly always take to adjust and bed in, and the mental resolve of teams under Pep.

I‘m not even saying we will definitely win it btw, I just saying we absolutely can and it wouldn’t remotely surprise me if we did. You are saying it will definitely not happen under any circumstances.

I’ll let others decide who has the strongest grip on reality.

This is all about opinion.

I’m entitled to mine and you’re entitled to yours.

In previous seasons - last year for example - there was a clear sense of what the team were trying to do, and a sense that it would eventually ‘click’. I just don’t get that this year, and our squad is also far weaker.

I don’t like to predict things based on blind hope and optimism.

And much like investing in the stock market, part performances are no indication of future results.

We didn’t even sell him. He was out of contract, a free agent, wanted to leave and went on a Bosman.

Congratulations, you win a gold star.

My point remains. He was our best player *in my opinion*.

Have you not seen the cavernous Gundogan-shaped hole in our team this season?

The reality is that our current manager usually finds a way to win the league.
Let's trust him to manage, trust the players to play and hopefully us supporters should do our part and support.
If it doesn't happen - then so be it

I don’t disagree with any of that.

Hardly flying Pep Out banners over the ground am I.

watching highlights of Bellingham, the goals he scores long shots, headers, close range, the amount of goals, his general play, and all that at Real in his first 5 months, none of that let him play bad for 12 months shit before he is good. he came in for Real and gives them momentum, speed, goals and even helps to offset the loss of Benzema.

then I look at Kovacic and Nunes not even deemed worthy to start over Rico Lewis who aint playing extremely well either. the amount of goals and assists from Kova ad Nunes will be combined less than 5 in PL potentially which is pretty bad. Ward Prowse already have more at WHU as a new signing.

Txiki was unprepared big time and we are paying the price. he may have thought he can land Bellingham but also the uncertainty over Gundo taking weeks to decide, then jumping to Rice then Paqueta.

It's been a weird season, it feels like we've been playing shit but then you look at the table and it paints a different picture (points wise) have all the top teams dropped off a bit this season? Have some of the 'mid-table' sides got a lot better? Can't put my finger on it

With the exception of Arsenal who just did a bottle job all the 'top teams' have been ropey for a while.

Rags - hilariously bad for a number of years
Chelsea - owners managers billions spent still as average as they were
Liverpool - been shit since our neck and neck season
Spurs- just being Spurs, consistently spursy. Not even sure they should be in this category.
Newcastle- awful injuries, super rich owners cant/won't go batshit crazy with funds.

With the exception of Arsenal who just did a bottle job all the 'top teams' have been ropey for a while.

Rags - hilariously bad for a number of years
Chelsea - owners managers billions spent still as average as they were
Liverpool - been shit since our neck and neck season
Spurs- just being Spurs, consistently spursy. Not even sure they should be in this category.
Newcastle- awful injuries, super rich owners cant/won't go batshit crazy with funds.

Arsenal look more solid and with there experience from last season they the favourites for me and why I want Liverpool to win next week

Arsenal look more solid and with there experience from last season they the favourites for me and why I want Liverpool to win next week

I think arsenal have the better team , I think we have a very good team(not as good as last year or previous years) and are also better than Liverpool.

Mentality is a different story though. Hard to pick out of the 3 of us tbh. We need to improve sharpish.

Draw would do me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.