The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
next 3 PL games:
Everton away
Sheffield home
Newcastle away

I dont think these 3 games will be when we make the current gap smaller. I think it will be bigger after these 3 games. these two away games would be hard even if we are in top form which we are far away from.
Sheffield at home will need to be simple 3 points but same will be done by all our rivals when they host Sheffield.

but if we do magic and make 9 points out of these three, that would put some heavy pressure on the rivals. they would fucking hate it if we make 9 points out of these.

but can see Villa winning their next 3 of their next 4 as they have Sheffield, Burnley and rags and Everton.

I wish, when we go to Klanfield we could be more chilled like the Rags appeared to be yesterday. We just can't get a break at that doss hole and same at The Cheese grater, so am not expecting anything from either of those games. We need to seriously buck ideas up on return from CWC, annoying really as the PL is there for the taking this season. I can't see Villa lasting the course, think Arse may bottle again, Dips will continue to be lucky so we really need to up the ante. Not sure it can be done with current squad though....

KDB missed a large chunk of a season a few years ago, we didn't really miss him too much as we had David Silva creating things.
Also the same as when David was missing because of his premature son, we had Kevin creating things for the team.
Basically we don't have anyone else at the club as cover for kevs absence
We still have the likes Grealish (although he scored in the last couple of games), Foden and to some extent Alvarez but they haven't stepped up during KDB's spell out.

We still have the likes Grealish (although he scored in the last couple of games), Foden and to some extent Alvarez but they haven't stepped up during KDB's spell out.
Grealish and Alvarez shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of KDB and David Silva in terms of creativeness.......neither are anywhere near the same level and never will be.
Alvarez is a very good centre forward who has been trying his best to fill in but it isnt what he is about....he is a great finisher and a striker who would get in the starting 11 of most other prem teams.
Grealish has never been creative and its a myth that he is

We are of course still in the title race...history tells us this.

We are however not playing at the same level as previous seasons - but again history tells us that Pep will sort this out.

On current form we are not at the level of Arsenal or a few others.....however our top level is better than anyone elses...the question is will we get to that level in time.

The squad doesnt have the cover and the level of cover int he right places...

Rodri out - no one comes even close....Phillips, Nunes, Kovatic - even at their very best are not even close to him

KDB - understandably you cannot replace one of the top 5 footballers in the world but again the drop off is too big.....Nunes, Kovatic, Grealish, Foden, Alvarez - only Foden out of that lot has any chance of becoming s good as KDB and he aint nowhere near it yet.

Gundo - again the replacements have been poor..names above already mentioned.

This is where the problems lie and we are relying on 2 things...KDB coming back as good as he was and staying injury free and Rodri playing nearly every game (again) for the rest of the season. Plus Stones staying injury free (highly unlikely)

This is where the problems lie and we are relying on 2 things...KDB coming back as good as he was and staying injury free and Rodri playing nearly every game (again) for the rest of the season. Plus Stones staying injury free (highly unlikely)
Agreed regarding the fitness of Rodri, but to a lesser extent Stones as I think he's always had injuries throughout each season.

As for Kev, just having him back on the teamsheet gives us a fear factor again, even if he's not at full tilt.

Liverpool lose Salah in January don't they? They'll be wondering who will score the goals. Arsenal have to hope they can keep Saka and Martinelli fit, as the drop off in quality is no different to ours.

As you say, all things well, our best is still the best, let's just see how it all pans out, still loads of variables and ifs and buts.

EDIT: just did a quick check in on Stones, and prior to this season, he's only played in 100 league games in the last 5 seasons. Quite remarkable really, with his highest being 24 in 18/19.

Being the eternal optimist and feeling flatter than a pre-op Bankock ladyboy, the tiger blood is again stirring; it’s amazing how we forget the impact of our own small margins are directly linked to, what appears, opponents excelling; it’s folly and only confirmed what we all should know, the sun shines on a dogs arse somedays….

The swing is such; dippers, spuds and palace exploited the proverbial rub, we dominated and as alluded to by pep and Bernie today, we won’t panic, we are patchy but still demonstrated the gulf, that will swing again as has been evidenced year on year…

The 6pts we’ve thrown away, sees us sitting top, with the others already at full throttle for me; this all without core players; yes hypothetical, yet it’s Groundhog Day for me, expecting the confidence to filter through with Kev, which in turn gives the trots to opponents…

I’ll put my neck on the block, top by end of Jan and kick on like Kiptanui in a steeplechase (:

Grealish and Alvarez shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of KDB and David Silva in terms of creativeness.......neither are anywhere near the same level and never will be.
Alvarez is a very good centre forward who has been trying his best to fill in but it isnt what he is about....he is a great finisher and a striker who would get in the starting 11 of most other prem teams.
Grealish has never been creative and its a myth that he is
Except that Grealish created the most chances in the Champions League last season, as per the official stats.

But then I'm assuming you'll just come out with some bullshit about how those official stats don't count/are worthless etc, as you'd rather chew your own arm off than give Grealish any credit. Sometimes people's opinions against players are so biased as to be worthless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.