The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
6 points behind with a game in hand and another 20 games to play is a decent position to be in and I actually think our performances have been a lot better than our current points total suggests.

The only game where we've been outplayed is Villa and I think that had a lot to do with them being on the crest of a wave and us having a midfield comprised of three defenders and a striker.

We weren't great against Wolves or Arsenal but the absence of Rodri played a huge part in that and we were very unlucky with the goal we conceded against Arsenal.

Aside from that, we have been the far better team in every other game we've played in my opinion.

If we can maintain or even improve our level of performance but start seeing out games better we will be there or thereabouts. Get KDB and Haaland back in the team and hopefully we'll start to move through the gears.

The only caveat I would add is I think our title challenge does largely rest on keeping Rodri fit. If he was to pick up an injury I just think we'd drop too many points as he's so important and the drop off is too big. I think we should be going in to the market in January and signing an understudy that Pep can trust.

If we can keep Rodri fit and De Bruyne gets back to something approaching his best then we can still win this.

Win our game in hand and we are 3 behind arse, 2 behind dippers
I mean, given how many points we've blasted away in the last few weeks, you'd take that.

In fact, it's a bit laughable that we're still in a position where winning our game in hand, and then beating Arsenal at our place puts it back into our hands.

Obviously that's discounting the dippers, but I just don't think they're good enough to see it through, especially when they lose Salah.

I'm not convinced Arsenal have any more gears than they've shown; we've been in neutral all season.

Hopefully now the Club Championship is done the focus will shift back to the League. None of the pack of 5 are better than us but we can lose it ourselves if the focus is maybe on the Champions League rather than Premier League.

There’s only three possible teams winning this us Arsenal or Liverpool
Quit the talk about Villa and Spurs on this thread ffs
I still don’t think Villa finish top 4

I mean, given how many points we've blasted away in the last few weeks, you'd take that.

In fact, it's a bit laughable that we're still in a position where winning our game in hand, and then beating Arsenal at our place puts it back into our hands.

Obviously that's discounting the dippers, but I just don't think they're good enough to see it through, especially when they lose Salah.

I'm not convinced Arsenal have any more gears than they've shown; we've been in neutral all season.
I think it just shows that we are at a completely different level from the rest. Most City fans will say that we have been poor this season. Look at how fans of the others view their season and yet there we are, right on their arses. If I was a Liverpool or Arsenal fan, I wouldn’t be celebrating (like many seem to be), I’d be thinking ‘oh fuck, City have been absolute shite and yet they’re still there’.

We decide to turn it on, and it’s 4 in a row, and there’s not a fucking single thing any of them can do about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.