The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Michael Olivar the ref vs dippers.

I think its 100% they get a pen. one of those ones that arent overturned if he gives it, or not overturned if he doesnt. and he will give it.
Can guarantee he won’t give City a pen!

I hope people aren't still writing off Arsenal. They remind me of ourselves in years past but just without a star like Aguero leading the line. I see them going the same route as us in that they're built to win the league but eventually lose in the Champions League. I've said it for a while, but I'm more concerned about them than Liverpool.

I think if we get beat by Liverpool we will be almost out of it unless we beat Arsenal at home. Failure to beat both Liverpool and Arsenal and it's curtains.

The international break could be a real negative for Arsenal though as it could break their momentum. Add in the fact they are not a team that deals well with expectation. Right now its a perfect storm being third and not being mentioned as much as Liverpool and City. That could change if they go into the international break top and all the media and fanbases started hyping up the pressure.

I am glad we play Arsenal after the international break and not before.

I see all the negative bastards are back out tonight. We’re talking about one of the worst teams the leagues ever seen in Sheff United even 7th place Newcastle scored 8 unanswered there. This is nothing but what we expected. We’re out of nothing if we lose this weekend too. We’ve just won a derby 4-1 and Arsenal are playing against a dreadful side. Just chill out a bit

It's a good race this one. Arsenal have the GD currently, we have the knowledge and Liverpool have the lead! People are mad to write any team off. I get odd's are in our favour but football isn't necessarily based on odds.

For us, the fact we have CL and Liverpool Arsenal Villa Spurs in fairly close proximity makes me feel we may lose a bit of ground barring a freak result for the others. BUT our run-in in May lots easier than the others.

Arsenal won't like playing us, United, Spurs and Villa in the run in but they are spaced apart nicely
Liverpool won't like playing us, United, Villa, Spurs but think their issue might be too many comps and having to postpone games/and play every Sunday due to Europa.

Dippers away is a shitty fixture for us but Arsenal at home if we’re not on it. They’re bang in form.

Dippers away is a shitty fixture for us but Arsenal at home if we’re not on it. They’re bang in form.
I’m more confident of beating Arsenal at home than liverpool away, regardless of the current form of both.
If we can win next Sunday I think the lift it will give us will mean we can then go on and take care of Arsenal fine enough.

I’m more confident of beating Arsenal at home than liverpool away, regardless of the current form of both.
If we can win next Sunday I think the lift it will give us will mean we can then go on and take care of Arsenal fine enough.
I don’t like either fixture tbh lol, I hate Anfield horrible place for us but Arsenal at the minute can give anyone a going over. Just a feeling they might come here to make a statement. Hope we’re on it tho and smack back in their box.

Dias goal chalked off for imaginary foul on Allison. How could you forget that?!
I was mainly focussing on games against the lesser sides that they've got lucky in.
On a normal season were this kind of luck evened itself out roughly, i.e when you play poorly you can't keep winning, they'd be nowhere near the top of the table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.