The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Liverpool - 63 points​
City - 62 points​
Arsenal - 58 points​
Sheff Utd (A)
City (H)
Liverpool (A)
Brentford (H)
Everton (A) - Date TBD
Brighton (A) - Date TBD
Chelsea (H) - Date TBD
Brighton (H)
Arsenal (H)
City (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Villa (H)
Luton (H)
United (A)
Palace (A)
Brighton (A)
Palace (H)
Luton (H)
Villa (H)
Fulham (A)
Spurs (A)
Wolves (A)
West Ham (A)
Forest (A)
Spurs (A)
Spurs (H)
Wolves (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Villa (A)
Fulham (A)
United (A)
Wolves (H)
West Ham (H)
Everton (H)

That's how I see it, we have the slightly harder fixtures but easier finish to the season. Arsenal and Liverpool want to be ahead by the end of April.

Liverpool have the easiest games left. If they continue to get the decisions on top of that, they should walk it.

Pretty much gone as expected so far. No team has surprised. Last night's result was probably the first decent result from one of the 3 teams.

Liverpool (67)​
Arsenal (68)​
City (67)​
Sheff United (H)
United (A)
Brighton (A)
Palace (A)
Palace (H)
Villa (H)
Luton (H)
Fulham (A)
Wolves (A)
Spurs (A) TBD
Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brighton (A)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (A)
Forest (A)
Spurs (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Wolves (H)
Villa (A)
United (A)
Fulham (A)
Wolves (H)
Everton (H)
West Ham (H)

Corresponding teams this season:
Liverpool - 22 points from 27.
Arsenal - 15 points from 24.
City - 17 points from 24.

Basically no team is winning out but whoever does has a chance.

Liverpool favourites then us in my opinion, Arsenal's games are tough.

89 points wins it.

Liverpool (67)​
Arsenal (68)​
City (67)​
Sheff United (H)
United (A)
Brighton (A)
Palace (A)
Palace (H)
Villa (H)
Luton (H)
Fulham (A)
Wolves (A)
Spurs (A) TBD
Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brighton (A)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (A)
Forest (A)
Spurs (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Wolves (H)
Villa (A)
United (A)
Fulham (A)
Wolves (H)
Everton (H)
West Ham (H)
Tricky games:
Liverpool: United, Everton, Spurs, Villa - 4
Arsenal: Villa, Chelsea, Spurs, United - 4
City: Spurs - 1

I think you guys will be fine.

It’s shit that we are in this position with needing 2 other teams to drop points. Goes to show how up and down city have been this season after a very good start.

Lot of dropped points were we could win the remaining 8 games and it still won’t be enough.

Every match day for the dips and arse seem a forgone conclusion at the min. How long that lasts is where that little bit of hope remains.

It’s shit that we are in this position with needing 2 other teams to drop points. Goes to show how up and down city have been this season after a very good start.

Lot of dropped points were we could win the remaining 8 games and it still won’t be enough.

Every match day for the dips and arse seem a forgone conclusion at the min. How long that lasts is where that little bit of hope remains.
It’s amazing how it feels we’ve been quite a way off our consistency and levels of the last few seasons yet we’re still right in the mix. Think of some of the daft points we’ve dropped like Chelsea away, spurs and palace at home with 90+ minute equalisers, we could and probably should be well clear.

If we do win it this season, arse and liverpool will be distraught.

It’s amazing how it feels we’ve been quite a way off our consistency and levels of the last few seasons yet we’re still right in the mix. Think of some of the daft points we’ve dropped like Chelsea away, spurs and palace at home with 90+ minute equalisers, we could and probably should be well clear.

If we do win it this season, arse and liverpool will be distraught.
Oh I like the sound of that last bit a lot. Think of the YouTube meltdowns -:)

We didn't chase them down in 2022. They made up seven points on us in the second half of the season, but we had an eight-point lead at the turn of the year and that got us over the line.

My biggest concern is that whilst I see them drawing a game, I don't see them losing or drawing two. Yes, it could well happen, but nothing less than 24 points from the 24 still available will be enough for City. The home draws have really hurt us.
I fear that home draw against Palace may come back to haunt us.

Remember, when the legs go there's not much you can do about it whoever you are.
We look at the remaining games and assume everyone will play at peak level but at the tail end of the season form can drop off dramatically and I include City in this.
Pep has managed and got the best out of our players at the end of the season so I remain hopeful we can do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.