The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spurs hold the key, right now. If they take anything off us or Arsenal or both, the victims will be on clear road.
Also think the Rags are capable of upsetting the Dippers and Goons , they are a shite team but occasionally Ten Bob gets a performance out of them and they do hate these clubs with a passion , the Swamp dwellers would love to f*ck up both their seasons

I’m not saying that we’re out of it or being negative, but it’s pretty mad that we could end the season unbeaten in 37 games and still lose the league title.

Liverpool must have found it even madder in 2019 that they could have gone a season being invincibles. And that one team, and one team only, beat them, and by so doing, pipped them to the title.

There's no silver lining if it slips out of our hands this year. Arse or Pool winning it would be equally terrible and annoying. I can't imagine how insufferable the media would be.

It’s shit that we are in this position with needing 2 other teams to drop points. Goes to show how up and down city have been this season after a very good start.

Lot of dropped points were we could win the remaining 8 games and it still won’t be enough.

Every match day for the dips and arse seem a forgone conclusion at the min. How long that lasts is where that little bit of hope remains.

If we win the remaining 8 games, and one of those two ends up winning it, you know what, they deserve it. It happens, we'll be back winning titles either way.

If we win the remaining 8 games, and one of those two ends up winning it, you know what, they deserve it. It happens, we'll be back winning titles either way.
Exactly, if we win every game between now and the end of the season, we'll all be very happy!

TBF before this round of fixtures was played if you offered me a small gain in closing down the GD on the other two I would have bitten your hand off. I expected both to gain more of an advantage in that regard (Particularly the dippers) whilst a narrow win for us would be seen as a very good result.The fact we closed it whilst playing a tricky game on paper is good.

Remember we need to gain 3 points on Liverpool to even be level which would mean a further tilt in GD in a round of games before the end of the season. So the Liverpool GD isn’t really as much of a huge problem as the media are making out Arsenals on the other hand is a problem, but they have the toughest run on paper.

It’s beautifully poised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.