The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course they could but they won't.
Sheff Utd are bloody awful, easy win for Liverpool & a rest for some of their players

Did someone say SU could beat the Cult tonight? at Anfield? They are getting absolutely dry bummed.
Have some faith guys....fellow blues have shown me the way often enough....especially when I thought we had blown it in 2012 & 2014(versus Sunderland at home)....hope is better than prematurely accepting defeat....even if it does kill you in the end

Do you burn in hell fire for all eternity for genuinely wanting United too win? Even once?

We didn't chase them down in 2022. They made up seven points on us in the second half of the season, but we had an eight-point lead at the turn of the year and that got us over the line.

My biggest concern is that whilst I see them drawing a game, I don't see them losing or drawing two. Yes, it could well happen, but nothing less than 24 points from the 24 still available will be enough for City. The home draws have really hurt us.

I only see them potentially dropping points against United and Spurs. If they get the momentum going they have the forward players to knock teams over and dependent on what happens in the Champions league both City and Arsenal could be playing some energy sapping ties in between league fixtures.

No one knows what Nunes or Doku will contribute in the next 2 months. Palmer wanted to leave.
I'm not disputing that mate, but we've dropped a few silly points this season where Palmer might have made a difference, certainly in terms of his bigger goal threat.
That's not even using hindsight, because a few people (myself included) were slaughtered at the start of the season for questioning how City would replace those vital contributions from Mahrez and Gundogan.

Doku played well last night and Nunes seems stronger with every game. However, just like Grealish they're not natural goal scorers.

Arsenal are the danger

Klopp’s Liverpool have an inferiority complex and bottle it more often than not when it really counts. Not just in the title run ins although this is a recurring theme for them. How far back into the mists of time do we have to go to find them winning a tight title race ? I can vaguely remember Dalglish scoring on the last day at Chelsea in the mid 80s to win the league for them.

Also when they had a chance to make history in the anomalous Covid season they lost at Watford thereby failing to overtake our most consecutive wins record. They were on course to beat our 100 points record too but again bottled it.

Serial bottlers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.