The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 points to play for, if united can beat the scousers then il be a very happy man at the end of the weekend. 1 point would be in it and thats nothing to recover over the remaining fixtures, still say Arsenal will shit themselves and lose a home banker in the run in, its getting exciting

I don't know. I really don't. Nobody does. They're certainly a better team all round than they were last year. Only a fool would say otherwise. They're very tight at the back.
What I find myself thinking, though, is this. Rather than being worried that March was a difficult month, we should have all embraced it as a wonderful opportunity. It's not often that you get the opportunity to play your two closest rivals this late in the season, and the possibility of putting one — or both — of them, out of business. Well, we didn't, and the return of two points in those two matches was not great. Now we just have to see. Everything's open. Everything's possible.
Nobody knows jack shit.
It's a great season. And now… we have other fish to fry.

Both of our opponents will drop points. It’s all about whether we can see our fixtures out. I think we can still afford to drop 3 or 4 points
Liverpool would have to lose 3 games and the Gooners 2, cant see it.
I think we'll win every game and win it by a point or two

An injury to Gabriel, Saliba and/or Rice, and Arsenal will feel a lot more vulnerable. They had their chance to rotate against Luton, but I'm not sure Arteta will be able to just play the same team game-in, game-out from now until the end.

I may be a conspiracy theorist but I have a feeling the prem/FA will ensure Liverpool come away with a draw tomorrow and that you guys get a draw in one of your game so we are all on the same points. That way if we all win til the last game day, it literally makes it more entertaining for the last day.
I think it is just a freak season to be honest. Liverpool have the story of Jurgen Flopp leaving, we have the 4 continuous Premier league story and Arsenal have the reinvented team through Arteta thing going on and seem to have built upon the failures from last season. But I am sure there will be another drama/bizarre game week yet as there is no way all 3 are winning every game until the end of the season. I am struggling to recall an intense 3 way title race.

We're having a poor season, whilst pool and arse are having a good one, I feel we've given ourselves to much work to retain this title, but next season with a couple midfield additions we'll walk the league.

We all know very well what a title winning team looks like and Arsenal certainly look like one at the moment. Solid at the back, incisive up front, putting games to bed relatively early, calm under pressure.

That said, there’s still nearly a fifth of the season left to play - who knows if they can continue to play with such assuredness as the clock ticks down and every mistake is magnified.

And the big elephant in the room could be how they cope with 2 and potentially 4 madly intense, hugely draining European games - we’ve proved we can do it, let’s see if they can

I still maintain the dippers will fade away, they’re a level below us and Arsenal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.