The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think they have the squad depth that we do. A few key injuries and their team looks pretty weak on paper.

Liverpool’s next two games are Spurs and Brighton, both away.
They're definitely a threat but I think we’ll know a bit more about how good they really are after those two outings.

The only thing that worries me is the consensus we are going to walk it.

I think we are a lot better than Liverpool. But if they are lucky, they can challenge. I don't think they were particularly great in 19/20 in terms of overall performances, of created and conceded chances, the stats weren't great (ours were better even though we finished 18 pts off them), yet they dropped only 2 pts in the first 28 games or so. This season, they may be a bit like Arsenal from last season, but mentally a bit more solid. Or they may take only one point from the next 2 games and be inconsistent the whole season...Too early to tell.

Last edited:

Aston Villa , Brighton and Spurs are the teams to look.
I expect one of them to march this year. Maybe even top 4

Few interesting things to note. Arsenal’s purple patch early last season is over. Emery @ Villa done very well. Brighton great.

Rags meh….

Chelsea and Everton even worse than i thought they had done!!

Few interesting things to note. Arsenal’s purple patch early last season is over. Emery @ Villa done very well. Brighton great.

Rags meh….

Chelsea and Everton even worse than i thought they had done!!
Arsenal is -4 vs last season .
Draw Spurs and Fulham vs beat both last season.

I will be very surprised if we won more than 92-93 pts. It won't be necessary to. Plus, football is not played on paper. One can't predict injuries, fatigue, suspensions, referee decisions, etc. Let's not pretend that KDB is not a very important player, too. Optimism is a good thing unless it's not a bit silly.

People could make a lot of money from betting on us getting over 95 pts. I wouldn't do it even though I'm optimistic about the season. If we lose vs Arsenal, the mood will swing in the opposite direction: we miss KDB and Gundo, Nunes and Doku ain't ready, etc.
We have Wolves away in league before that, we could see ourselves from a perfect start to needing a result versus Arsenal to avoid 3 defeats in a row.

Eh, there's no way Liverpool won't try and win the Europa?

Also, how have they got more senior players than we have, we won a treble last season, and have lost 2 or 3 and brought 2 or 3 in. Also, the experience gained from winning a treble eclipses any seniority that any other club has.

Arsenal don't even look as good as last season, but I'm not saying they won't improve. But last season they were foot perfect from flag fall, which hasn't been the case this season.

Could be a 7 point lead on them if we beat them at their place; that's them out the race IMO.
Have you don’t seen how small our squad is, we barely have a reserve 11 available to play versus Newcastle

Eh, there's no way Liverpool won't try and win the Europa?

Also, how have they got more senior players than we have, we won a treble last season, and have lost 2 or 3 and brought 2 or 3 in. Also, the experience gained from winning a treble eclipses any seniority that any other club has.

Arsenal don't even look as good as last season, but I'm not saying they won't improve. But last season they were foot perfect from flag fall, which hasn't been the case this season.

Could be a 7 point lead on them if we beat them at their place; that's them out the race IMO.
Liverpool will jettison the Europa if they are in with a sniff of the league come Feb/March

Liverpool have around 4 more senior pro’s in their first team squad than we do. Its a fact!! You can easily look up both squads online and count them.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.