The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Liverpool will jettison the Europa if they are in with a sniff of the league come Feb/March

Liverpool have around 4 more senior pro’s in their first team squad than we do. Its a fact!! You can easily look up both squads online and count them.
I think I'll just stick to the fact that our players won a treble last season, whilst Liverpools finished 5th, 22 points behind us, and have since lost Fabinho, Henderson and Milner who were all incredibly experienced.

Weird that we've started judging a teams quality/depth based on how many senior pros they have. How many senior pros do Luton and Sheffield United have? What is a senior pro?

If we keep up this sort of relentless winning for another month, we’ll have one hand on the trophy again, probably a 6/7/8 point lead

Oh Ffs this shit again, only now in fucking September. You just never learn.

Yep the way some our fan base are if we lose or draw against Wolves it will all change! Way to early am still worried about or squad depth the amount of games some of our players have played last 2/3 seasons, the injuries we already have had! If we get to January level with Liverpool or 2/3 points in front our behind it be a decent start to the season and we need to buy 1 or 2 players in January too!

Yep the way some our fan base are if we lose or draw against Wolves it will all change! Way to early am still worried about or squad depth the amount of games some of our players have played last 2/3 seasons, the injuries we already have had! If we get to January level with Liverpool or 2/3 points in front our behind it be a decent start to the season and we need to buy 1 or 2 players in January too!
It would be sad if there were no supporters around who are easy to enthuse and be overly optimistic at times :) Naturally, these may or may not be the same supporters that believe the ship is capsizing after one bad game or result.

To be fair, if anyone was as bold as to say we'd win the league at any point in the previous three seasons they got it spot on so I'm not sure what there is to learn from going early with a bold statement!

To be fair, if anyone was as bold as to say we'd win the league at any point in the previous three seasons they got it spot on so I'm not sure what there is to learn from going early with a bold statement!
Big difference between the two.

I would say Liverpool have had harder games than us so far and are only 2pts back. The next 4 will give us a better picture both on how strong we are and how much we're going to get pushed by the rest. I still feel Liverpool are our biggest rivals this season. They've had a good start.

Next 4:

Liverpool - Spurs A, Brighton A, Everton H, Forest H
Arsenal - Bournemouth A, City H, Chelsea A, Sheffield United H
City - Wolves A, Arsenal A, Brighton H, Rags A

That will be 10 games done and we'll have had some tough ones in there which give us a better steer of where we, and the opposition are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.