The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Get Pep to channel his inner Bobby Manc and Pellers. We had two 5-1 wins at Spurs with them in charge, our best results at WHL in decades. And won the league in both seasons.
We were absolutely brilliant in both those games. Peak Aguero in the second one until he went off.

Let’s not get before ourselves, we also have very difficult fixtures and Arsenal will easily beat both teams
Agree with the first part, not so sure about the second. I'd say both teams have very comparable fixtures - Wolves and Bournemouth are separated by a cigarette paper in the league. Everton and West Ham would be separated by five points were it not for points deductions, but the former are certainly in better form. Neither will have anything to play for come the final day. United and Spurs are close in the league standings - these two games are difficult for both Arsenal and City in quite similar ways. Which just leaves our extra game against Fulham, giving Arsenal the advantage of an extra point on the board but City having the advantage of having it in our own hands.

The games left are comparable and there is very little to choose.

The absolute best he ever played for us. It felt like it was playing on the very edge and it turned out to the case when his Hamstring pinged just before half time :(
I know, he was unstoppable in that game before he pulled his hammy, and whilst still world class thereafter, I felt was never quite the same player after that particular injury.

I might be the only one but i can see something like this

arsenal beat bounmouth 2-1, beat rags 2-1, beat Everton 3-0
We beat Wolves 5-0, Fulham 4-1, Spurs 2-2, West Ham 4-0

Same points, same goal difference, we win it on goals scored.

Goal difference isn't over yet. We obviously need to win a couple of games by a few more than Arsenal, but it could just close up and give us that slack we might need to draw a game.
Can't see how GD can come into play.
For that to happen, we have to drop points which means we can't close the difference in that match, at best no GD change if its a draw.

Agree with the first part, not so sure about the second. I'd say both teams have very comparable fixtures - Wolves and Bournemouth are separated by a cigarette paper in the league. Everton and West Ham would be separated by five points were it not for points deductions, but the former are certainly in better form. Neither will have anything to play for come the final day. United and Spurs are close in the league standings - these two games are difficult for both Arsenal and City in quite similar ways. Which just leaves our extra game against Fulham, giving Arsenal the advantage of an extra point on the board but City having the advantage of having it in our own hands.

The games left are comparable and there is very little to choose.
Good little synopsis of the state of play tbh. I've mentioned a couple of times that one iffy result for either team will be a disaster. That's amplified now that the finishing line is in sight.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.