The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that would be brilliant, I’ve said before I think that game is what decides the title, going of our record there recentLyon the league even us just scoring would be an achievement
Yeah i think we win both our games leading up to Spurs and i really can't see arsenal dropping points now. That game is the big one and we win that, i think we win the league. Spurs have chelsea away and liverpol away and im hoping by the time we play them they are knackered and out of the top 4 race.

Either team that misses out will have a psychological blow to get over.

Arsenal keep winning their games, they keep setting the pace and going top. But they know if we win our games, it is for nothing, and that loss to Villa could be it. We keep winning ours, knowing it is in our hands, and we have a game more to overtake them. We still have to win it though and get the points on the board.

Both teams can also feel proud of their effort. Both have kept going and going and both have been determined.

That's an interesting point.

I wonder how significant the blow would be for us. We've challenged again regardless of what happens in the end. It seems wrong to question it, but could we challenge again next season having won 4 in a row? With the Euro's and a core of players who will have won it so many times can they go yet again? I think we'd need a big summer to bring in fresh blood to keep that drive and attitude. I don't question the players, you simply can't with what they've achieved. But just a small drop in hunger and desire is enough, and would that come having won 4 in a row? I don't know. I know we'll go again naturally if we miss out this season, that's the character of this team. And we'd have the FA Cup to get something out of our season still.

For Arsenal, they'll have to deal with yet another long campaign with CL football as well and whilst they're on an upward trajectory regardless, can they push on again? It's a young team going in the right direction but do they have the characters to drive them over the line?

I wonder how significant the blow would be for us. We've challenged again regardless of what happens in the end. It seems wrong to question it, but could we challenge again next season having won 4 in a row? With the Euro's and a core of players who will have won it so many times can they go yet again? I think we'd need a big summer to bring in fresh blood to keep that drive and attitude. I don't question the players, you simply can't with what they've achieved. But just a small drop in hunger and desire is enough, and would that come having won 4 in a row? I don't know. I know we'll go again naturally if we miss out this season, that's the character of this team. And we'd have the FA Cup to get something out of our season still.

For Arsenal, they'll have to deal with yet another long campaign with CL football as well and whilst they're on an upward trajectory regardless, can they push on again? It's a young team going in the right direction but do they have the characters to drive them over the line?

It is a great discussion to have, and one I will look forward to.

But for now, I am happy to watch this season out before letting myself think about the next one.

I AM conscious, that if we win the next four games in a row, this time next year we Could all be singing Edin Dzeko..

But............ Wolves first.

Yeah, it wouldn't be a blow to us at all. Not in a meaningful way. The lads are a handful of games away from doing something that has never been done before and will likely never be done again. This is a "bonus" season. If they fall short they dust themselves off and go again knowing they were far from their best this season and still got close.

Getting close and falling short broke Liverpool. I don't see why it won't break Arsenal. They need a major trophy and quickly. Arteta has been there ages.

Yeah, it wouldn't be a blow to us at all. Not in a meaningful way. The lads are a handful of games away from doing something that has never been done before and will likely never be done again. This is a "bonus" season. If they fall short they dust themselves off and go again knowing they were far from their best this season and still got close.

Getting close and falling short broke Liverpool. I don't see why it won't break Arsenal. They need a major trophy and quickly. Arteta has been there ages.

It didn't break Liverpool, they won it the following year, and challenged again a couple years after, and again this year.

So far our guys have not been affected by the pressure of the run-in, our dropped points came earlier. So far, neither have Arsenal really, Villa aside. One game at a time and if it is down to the last day with us still in control, brilliant.

I seriously doubt that.
They will, of that I have no doubt. It's unlikely but if Arse drop points either against Bournemouth or the rags and we beat both Wolves and Fulham then a win against Spurs will seal the title. Spurs fans will have no qualms about cheering us at the final whistle if results go our way, none whatsoever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.