The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Arsenal had the youngest team in the Premier League over the last two seasons. They're now joint third youngest.

There are only a handful of players who've won league titles, and half the squad have the Community Shield as their biggest honour won so far.

I'd expect this side to get better over the next couple of seasons.

I didn’t mention age, I asked about experience. We will have to see if they get better.

The Dortmund win mathematically ends 5th place CL for England, a draw would have left it needing 4/4 losses and 3 villa wins.

Yeah, it wouldn't be a blow to us at all. Not in a meaningful way. The lads are a handful of games away from doing something that has never been done before and will likely never be done again. This is a "bonus" season. If they fall short they dust themselves off and go again knowing they were far from their best this season and still got close.

Getting close and falling short broke Liverpool. I don't see why it won't break Arsenal. They need a major trophy and quickly. Arteta has been there ages.
People talk about hunger after having just won one league title, we've won three on the spin so hunger is absolutely not a factor this season or going into next.

Sometimes you just have to appreciate that you can't always win it, it doesn't have to come down to lack of hunger.

However, we will win it and with a sensible summer we should be there again next season.

Think if we can pump arsenal on Sunday, Chelsea will wobble again, either Sunday evening or vs Spurs midweek. Their manager sounded beaten tonight post match.

We might go into that last game with Villa already champions :-)

That's an interesting point.

I wonder how significant the blow would be for us. We've challenged again regardless of what happens in the end. It seems wrong to question it, but could we challenge again next season having won 4 in a row? With the Euro's and a core of players who will have won it so many times can they go yet again? I think we'd need a big summer to bring in fresh blood to keep that drive and attitude. I don't question the players, you simply can't with what they've achieved. But just a small drop in hunger and desire is enough, and would that come having won 4 in a row? I don't know. I know we'll go again naturally if we miss out this season, that's the character of this team. And we'd have the FA Cup to get something out of our season still.

For Arsenal, they'll have to deal with yet another long campaign with CL football as well and whilst they're on an upward trajectory regardless, can they push on again? It's a young team going in the right direction but do they have the characters to drive them over the line?
I’d be hoping the blow wouldn’t be as bad for us because deep down we know we haven’t been at our best for long periods of the season where Arsenal I don’t think can play much better they have been very good this season

I must admit we've not been as good this year as last. Seem to be playing slower which kind of worries me. Still, unbeaten in the league since December - that's shit hot.

Feel like experience will win us this one over energy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.