The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At the moment Rodders looks irreplaceable and as for Phillips filling in there’s no chance of that, Pep doesn’t trust him. Need someone to fill the void when he needs a rest
Part of Kovacic's role. Foden Kovacic Bernardo midfield to give Rodri a break

I thought we showed a lot of resilience last night to hold onto the win despite being down to 10 men. And we didn’t give up in the Community Shield. Arguably, we handled the penalty pressure better than you. Given however, how widespread this stereotypical meme is on here, it’s certainly how you City fans seem to view us. I’d love a pound for every time the word ‘giddy’ has been used on here. But if it makes you lot happy in believing it, carry on, no skin off my nose.
Mate, to give you some context, you are sounding kinda like your fellow Gunner fans who came on here in droves from about 1/3 of the way through the season getting rather giddier and giddier by the week (yes that word). Particularly memorable was when we beat you in the FA Cup with you resting a couple of starters and there was a week of "we don't care", "Arteta doesnt want to show his hand", "this means nothing", "wait till you see our top guys".

Well you've seen our top guys and we ate you alive at the Etihad and send you packing back down the M6. You might improve this year, but a Community Shield on penalties proves nothing I'm afraid

There are more options than we realise:

Stones and Kovačić
Stones and Bernardo
Stones and Lewis
Stones and Akanji
Stones and Gvardiol
Stones and Phillips
Kovačić and Bernardo
Kovačić and Lewis
Kovačić and Akanji
Kovačić and Gvardiol
Kovačić and Phillips
Lewis and Bernardo
Lewis and Akanji
Lewis and Phillips
Lewis and Gvardiol
Akanji and Bernardo
Akanji and Gvardiol
Akanji and Phillips
Phillips and Bernardo
Phillips and Gvardiol
Bernardo and Gvardiol
… or any of them on their own.

Over the course of the season in the EFL Cup and FA Cup early rounds, the opening game in the World Club Cup, some of the weaker teams at home in the PL and CL, many of these combinations should be good enough to give Rodri a rest.
Doesn't sound as bad when you put it like that.

Assuming we don't sign a midfielder, when Rodri is out I think it'll mostly be Kovacic playing deeper with Foden and Bernardo moving inside which we can do now that we're signing Doku.

Ideally we could do with one more but if not then we should be able to get by doing that until KDB comes back.

If we are within 7 points of the leaders going into the second half of the season then I really fancy us to win it

if we are the ones that are seven points clear then it’s lights out , we’ve won four in a row

will be interesting to see how Arsenal manage their champions league run and the cups

last season they ducked out of the cups early and could rest players in the Europa

i think on paper they are our nearest challengers again which makes me happy as they are very brittle

not a patch on the scouse challenges from early years

I think we’ll have to massively drop off not to win it this season.

I have no idea who the biggest challengers will be. Arsenal had no Europe or cup competitions last season and still collapsed. Liverpool still look quite a bit off what they were a couple seasons back. I don’t think United / Spurs / Chelsea are even in the conversation?

I genuinely think it could be Newcastle.

I have no idea who the biggest challengers will be. Arsenal had no Europe or cup competitions last season and still collapsed. Liverpool still look quite a bit off what they were a couple seasons back. I don’t think United / Spurs / Chelsea are even in the conversation?

I sort of agree Newcastle look a good bet although they to will have European nights aplenty and the added baggage of fans expectation + pressure to succeed + inexperience at getting it over the finishing line...

After we won the treble, i originally thought that we would struggle getting up for this season, but i've changed my mind.

With Gvardiol added to the defence, we are going to be really hard to beat. Added to our offensive fire power, i just don't see us losing very many, let alone going on a losing run that the opposition would need us to do for them to win.

If we suffer any more major injuries though, that may change things, but with the additions we are making to the squad, i hope we will be able to whether any eventuality.

Also with us going for 4 in a row, i think Pep will use that as major motivation for the squad.

I think liverpool will be our nearest challengers with arsenal and newcastle rounding out the top 4.

I'm predicting we will win the title and repeat as CL winners.

Premier League is the one I want to see is win if I could pick one competition.

Being Champions of Europe has a better ring to it than Champions of England, but you have to play 38 matches and have stamina to win it, as Arsenal learnt the hard way last season.

Also, it will be four titles in a row for the first time ever.

So Saliba going down for the season due to an injury in a match v Sporting Lisbon was a movie I watched. Not real life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.