The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s in our hands. That’s all one can say.

We have had a poor spell and I think teams are starting to fear the return of our form. Liverpool have been living on the edge to get a measly 2 pt advantage.

We will both drop points in games against other clubs, but that game against each other at Klanfield will be a very big one indeed!

IF we can get a victory there, it will be seismic and possibly even knock the stuffing out of them. If not, it could prove deadly to us.

Coming as I does after a CL game, I’m hoping the extra day of rest (Liverpool are away in the CL that midweek) and us being home in the Second Leg will provide us with better prep than them.

Then again, that freak result in the run in might be the difference, too!!

We have had a poor spell and I think teams are starting to fear the return of our form. Liverpool have been living on the edge to get a measly 2 pt advantage.

We will both drop points in games against other clubs, but that game against each other at Klanfield will be a very big one indeed!

IF we can get a victory there, it will be seismic and possibly even knock the stuffing out of them. If not, it could prove deadly to us.

Coming as I does after a CL game, I’m hoping the extra day of rest (Liverpool are away in the CL that midweek) and us being home in the Second Leg will provide us with better prep than them.

liverpool are not in the CL

they are in one of the thursday night cups

The Dippers will be playing some third rate team in the Thursday cup , they could probably play their under-19 team and get a result , where as we will have to be at full strength , so the extra day is immaterial.

Going forward this is probably our strongest starting 11. I can't see a better rounded team in the PL. If we tighten up At the back, we'll 4 peat.IMG_2235.jpeg

We've lost 2 out of 5 -- there was also Oct 2019, the infamous Arnold handball. OliVAR at his finest.

The problem is virtually every year we get shafted in that cesspool:
- 2022/23 - Foden goal chalked off for the softest of challenges on Thiago
- 2021/22 - Milner remains on the field after at least 3 yellow card challenges
- 2019/20 - Arnold volleyball
- 2017/18 - Champ League: Salah offside goal, Jesus onside disallowed, Robertson on Sterling no pen

By no small coincidence, the 2 times the game was reff'd fairly, we were better. Shat on them in 2020/21 and should have won in 2018/19 if Mahrez hadn't mistaken the International Space Station for the goalposts.
Don’t forget the Skrtel handball in 2014 or should I say punchball. Same old scousers always cheating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.