The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're 1 point behind them having - arguably - some of best players out for part of the season. Haaland, KdB and Stones. We even had Rodri missing for a few games and we wobbled in the games he didn't play.

Pep is saving the legs for when the pressure games start, we know the score it's what he does every season. Liverpool are starting to rack up the injuries and the same will eventually happen to Arsenal.

When the pressure starts - eg 3 games to go and you're on a late kick off and HAVE to win, that's when we pull out the BIG results. We have too many big game players who've won more than any other player in this league. Ask Ederson, Walker, Dias, Stones, Rodri, KdB, Haaland, Grealish and Foden how you handle winning trophies and compare their answers and experience with Odegaard, Havertz, Enda, Szobosolai etc.

If anyone finishes above us in the league, I'll say fair play they deserve it. The best team in the country always wins the league and if that's Arsenal or Liverpool so be it - we can't win them all. However, anyone who doubts Pep or our players just hasn't been watching us for the past few years. We never really get into full gear until towards the end of the season.

Personally, I think April is almost certain to be the defining month.

Liverpool have Forest away who may be fighting relegation and can be a tricky team to play against. They play Sparta Prague away before us and neither Brighton or Everton are likely to lie down and take a beating. They then go into the final 3 of Spurs, Villa and Wolves and they aren't easy games.

Arsenal have Luton who are battling relegation and have pulled off some decent performances, Brighton, Villa and Wolves are all plenty capable of getting wins and draws and no way will Spurs roll over for them. When they go into the last 3 games against Bournemouth, United and maybe Everton needing a win to stay up that run in looks tricky especially for a team that's won nothing.

I'm not saying either team won't win all these games, but let's be realistic - there's banana skins in the run ins. Drop 2 points and the pressure builds. You need to find an extra 10% in tired legs to beat stubborn teams and sometimes you get a bad VAR call, an injury etc.

I'm still thinking it will be us v Liverpool until the final couple of games and I think we will win it AGAIN! I think we are very likely to win The Treble again if I'm honest.

COME ON CITY!!

If City win at Anfield they'll win the league. If Liverpool win Dippers win the league. If its a draw Arsenal win probably win it.

Such a pivotal match
It ain’t as clear cut as that!

I think the negativity comes from a total of 3 x points so far v Arsenal / Liverpool / Chelsea (x2) But for me a rare win away at WHL helped counteract the poor result at home v Mid table Chelsea. Its going to ne tough and I think maybe 6 pts required v Arse and D'pool. Utd maybe a banana skin too ..being a derby n all that
We're 1 point better off at this point than last season

Gloomy mood hear I see. Relax, its definitely about fitness management. We have to do such things and its tough aspect of high level professional sport. Best in business do it like nobody notice, even players. You cant play all games like UCL semi finals against Real Madrid. Too many games.

And now. We have more points than last season at this stage in the league. We are in great spot in UCL and by the way much better than last year (0-0 against Lepizig) too. Arsenal has complicated situation and is out of FA Cup, Liverpool enjoys Europa League.

It may be tougher this year, because Arsenal and Liverpool are better than last year imo. Maybe they gonna win it, fair enough but we are going to fight for it again. On all fronts. Thats absolutely crazy and a reason to be proud of no matter of result.
Absolutely spot on. And I can take a klopp quadruple anytime.

The thing about Liverpool for me is that at no stage today, despite the chances Chelsea were missing, the players going off or getting injured or the kids that were coming on, did I expect them not to win that trophy

And it’s been in the same in a lot of league games when they haven’t played well or been behind in games

-

Dippers to lose still imo, they are still winning with about 10 players out? We just aren’t playing like we can and add to that missing chances galore and putting ourselves under further pressure. Any trophy would do this season but not as confident as normal

The thing about Liverpool for me is that at no stage today, despite the chances Chelsea were missing, the players going off or getting injured or the kids that were coming on, did I expect them not to win that trophy

And it’s been in the same in a lot of league games when they haven’t played well or been behind in games

-
I know what you mean, feels inevitable that they’ll keep winning, but don’t forget they failed a big test at AFC recently. Against the better teams they are vulnerable, particularly with their injuries.

CFC bottled it today (no big surprise with Poch), but what I took from that game is that LFC must be praying that VVD doesn’t pick up an injury - that would be their season done imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.