The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still think they can get 89 due to VAR and PGMOL inflating their numbers so we'll have to get 90 especially since we don't have the GD tiebreaker anymore.

Too early to worry about GD. Liverpool had a better GD in 21/22 with 6-7 games to go. In the end our GD was better than theirs.

Generally, Pep's City have had the best attack and GD in any season since 2017. Think this season will be more of the same.

Gloomy mood hear I see. Relax, its definitely about fitness management. We have to do such things and its tough aspect of high level professional sport. Best in business do it like nobody notice, even players. You cant play all games like UCL semi finals against Real Madrid. Too many games.

And now. We have more points than last season at this stage in the league. We are in great spot in UCL and by the way much better than last year (0-0 against Lepizig) too. Arsenal has complicated situation and is out of FA Cup, Liverpool enjoys Europa League.

It may be tougher this year, because Arsenal and Liverpool are better than last year imo. Maybe they gonna win it, fair enough but we are going to fight for it again. On all fronts. Thats absolutely crazy and a reason to be proud of no matter of result.

Well even with some of the doom on here we're still favorites with the bookies, the odds are going to swing dramatically after the dips game whatever the result there but at this moment in time 'the money' thinks we're most likely to lift the trophy again.

That'll do for me at this stage. History tells us if we're in the fight we win. Dips had a free pass in the Covid season and haven't shown they've got balls anywhere near the size of ours.

Well even with some of the doom on here we're still favorites with the bookies, the odds are going to swing dramatically after the dips game whatever the result there but at this moment in time 'the money' thinks we're most likely to lift the trophy again.

That'll do for me at this stage. History tells us if we're in the fight we win. Dips had a free pass in the Covid season and haven't shown they've got balls anywhere near the size of ours.

Umm 21-22 they were a real threat for the most part as we needed a 5:36 miracle to get that over the line!

And as Pep would say history is nice and all but doesn't win you any trophies especially as we're not a PGMOL favored club.

Umm 21-22 they were a real threat for the most part as we needed a 5:36 miracle to get that over the line!

And as Pep would say history is nice and all but doesn't win you any trophies especially as we're not a PGMOL favored club.
Fingers in my ears.... that was an anomaly. :)

If memory serves me right they put that much in to come up short they managed 5th the following year

I think the negativity comes from a total of 3 x points so far v Arsenal / Liverpool / Chelsea (x2) But for me a rare win away at WHL helped counteract the poor result at home v Mid table Chelsea. Its going to ne tough and I think maybe 6 pts required v Arse and D'pool. Utd maybe a banana skin too ..being a derby n all that

I think your negativity is far more ingrained than that.
it is, I think when I started supporting City mid 70's I was six yrs old.. first games... and too young to appreciate what a good side we were. As I came into prime supporting years in early teens our standards dropped dramatically, Shrewbury and Halifax FA cup defeats were evidence of how poor we had become. I can never get over the fact that it can all come crashing down again and we will be experiencing another disaster at the Shay! lol

They didn't completely sweep Chelsea aside and they had played +120minutes to win the trophy. Depends on how the rest of their key players come back from their injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.