The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Liverpool will probably drop points to Utd. Old trafford is hard for them and utd wont want them winning the legaue. Everton could be tricky for them for the same reason. I dont expect Villa or Spurs to do much.
Liverpool will drop points when least expected, could easilly have been Forest. Every single title run in since 2012 when we’ve had a close rival they’ve dropped points in the least expected places ,sometimes from winning positions. I expect this season to be the same, whether we win it or not.

throwing away leads is only can be done so many times before its over.
Spurs home, Chelsea away, Palace home, dippers home, dippers away, Wolves away we were in lead all of these games and got total of 5 point out of these pontential 18
It’s the 3 points out of 15 against the Dippers, Arsenal, Villa and Spurs that concerns me more. We still have 3 more games against these teams and if we don’t improve then it won’t be happening. To me we don’t look as good this year and are still gifting goals what seems like every week.

However, we are still in the mix and still in with a great chance.

If I am being contracted 250k a week as a job to win football games, I should be expected to have the responsibility and expectation of winning trophies. That would be part of my job.
Okay, so would every other manager, Pep is the best ,to expect him to win the treble or even 2 trophies every season is idiotic. To compete fair enough that’s his job, to win, as I say entitled.

If I am being contracted 250k a week as a job to win football games, I should be expected to have the responsibility and expectation of winning trophies. That would be part of my job.
It’s also the job of those being contracted 250k a week at arsenal, liverpool, spurs, united, chelsea etc.. competitions tough

Okay, so would every other manager, Pep is the best ,to expect him to win the treble or even 2 trophies every season is idiotic. To compete fair enough that’s his job, to win, as I say entitled.

I agree mate, I worded that wrong.

I just expect to compete and think it should be ok to call out issues when they arise.

Kova next to Rodri and we win every remaining game. Dippers have lots of opportunities to slip up. And Arse will do. We’re in a great position. Remember the doom and gloom this time last year?

It’s also the job of those being contracted 250k a week at arsenal, liverpool, spurs, united, chelsea etc.. competitions tough

I agree, but footballers get away with so much though and criticism should be justified.

Only in football can you have a poor day at the office, or even a poor year and still pick up a 250k pay cheque every week.

Got to hope that the title race being out of our hands will be a kick up the arse to the lads.

On one hand it’s amazing we’re still in a title race after the demands of the previous 3 seasons.

That said, we’ve got to judge the squad based on the current season and I think we’re yet to hit top form. We are not as ruthless as previous seasons and tend to play slow, timid football rather than going for the kill.

Arsenal went on a rampage of destroying opposition when the title race fell out of their hands and they looked nervy again last night.

Now it’s our turn to unleash the shackles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.