The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really hope everyone is focused for the next 2 games. I know they will be, I expect us to be on it. Big 3 days this. We just need to beat Villa. I expect Arse and Liverpool to both win, so if we can just beat Villa and stay in contention.

We then have the chance to go top Saturday after palace (depending on goal difference) with both Arse and Liverpool having tough away games. Palace hopefully should play a full team tonight, they must fancy their chances against Bournemouth.

Arsenal away at Brighton after we play, I expect them to win, but if we’re 2 points clear of em when they kick off, it could put the pressure on, and Brighton on their day beat anyone, especially at home.

Then Sunday, I expect Utd to give Liverpool a game. Don’t write them off. Can’t see them lying down. Liverpool will have all the ball, but you never know with Utd. Shouting for a penalty every 5 mins. They are capable of putting in a good performance every now and again. Beat Villa twice, drew at Anfield. They can do it. Let’s see.

In short - we just need to bloody win tomorrow and Saturday!

Really hope everyone is focused for the next 2 games. I know they will be, I expect us to be on it. Big 3 days this. We just need to beat Villa. I expect Arse and Liverpool to both win, so if we can just beat Villa and stay in contention.

We then have the chance to go top Saturday after palace (depending on goal difference) with both Arse and Liverpool having tough away games. Palace hopefully should play a full team tonight, they must fancy their chances against Bournemouth.

Arsenal away at Brighton after we play, I expect them to win, but if we’re 2 points clear of em when they kick off, it could put the pressure on, and Brighton on their day beat anyone, especially at home.

Then Sunday, I expect Utd to give Liverpool a game. Don’t write them off. Can’t see them lying down. Liverpool will have all the ball, but you never know with Utd. Shouting for a penalty every 5 mins. They are capable of putting in a good performance every now and again. Beat Villa twice, drew at Anfield. They can do it. Let’s see.

+ beat them in the Cup. Can't believe I have had to root for the Scum twice in a few weeks but needs must.

The top six mini-league has been highlighted a few places recently. The fact that no-one has won more than half their games, suggests it's unlikely we'll see a team finish the season unbeaten.

However, even more interesting is that between them, Liverpool, City and Arsenal have played ten away games against other top six sides. Out of those 10, just one was an away win - City's game at Old Trafford. It's arguably skewed because the top three have all played each other, but even so, suggests that no team is particularly strong.

There are still 5 away games left for the top three against top six sides, with Liverpool and Arsenal still having two games left, and City just the one. It would be some turnaround if all those games ended in away victories.

1712088065038.png

As we've seen this season, the rags have matched up well with the dippers. Certain not an easy game for them at Old Scaffold.

Another thing is the rags are 6th despite how poor they are a fair bit, but they often seem to pull a result out of the bag when they've been shite the previous game like last week vs Brentford, hence why they're still in the top 6. Not to give them credit but they're slightly resilient in that sense, hence us taking the piss about corners turned.

The point being that it's no forgone conclusion the dippers win that game. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they drop points there. Its not like they're turning teams over. They got past Brighton 2-1, drew with us, lost to the rags in the cup, got a goal in the 13345th minute vs Forest to cheat a win, all in the last 4 weeks. They're beatable.

We've Still got to do our job. Its still very tight, there's still quite a few potential banana skins in the last 9 games for all teams.

You only needed your last nine words there

The top six mini-league has been highlighted a few places recently. The fact that no-one has won more than half their games, suggests it's unlikely we'll see a team finish the season unbeaten.

However, even more interesting is that between them, Liverpool, City and Arsenal have played ten away games against other top six sides. Out of those 10, just one was an away win - City's game at Old Trafford. It's arguably skewed because the top three have all played each other, but even so, suggests that no team is particularly strong.

There are still 5 away games left for the top three against top six sides, with Liverpool and Arsenal still having two games left, and City just the one. It would be some turnaround if all those games ended in away victories.

View attachment 112530
Good analysis - all suggests we are very much in it. I wouldnt be surprised to see Scousers drop points at both Scum and Villa. If we win our next 2, I reckon we will be right back in the mix and possibly favourites again

View attachment 112530

That table has put some confidence back in me.

We win tomorrow and we only have 1 game left out of the top 6. Arsenal and Liverpool have 3!

As bad as we have been only beating United from those teams, everyone else's is just as mediocre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.