The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watched The Netflix doc up to 4, going to watch the last 2 tonight before I set off for Madrid tomoz just to get me in the mood.

For any Blues who are cacking their panties about Arsenal / Liverpool challenge this season please some take comfort in the absolute beast mentality of this team fronted by the greatest manager of all time.

Every promotion too we have been big favouraites on the last day as far as I can remember too.

Charlton - just needed to win and they had a 16 year old debutant keeper.

Bradford and Blackburn, just needed a draw.

Where we have needed favours like in 1987 when wee didn't win anyway, and 1996 where we matched the other team and needed a better result, and 1998 where we won but needed one of the other two not to, we have always gone down.

Even in 2011 CL groups we needed Valencia to get something, it was never going to happen.

The only time was probably in 2011 when we qualified for CL group stages at Bolton due to Arsenal not winning.
One time when we got a bit of last day help was the 2015-16 CL group stage when Juventus surprisingly lost at Sevilla meaning we finished top of our group for the first time ever after our win over Borussia Mönchengladbach.
But that was such a major surprise that I don’t think anyone had even considered it would happen in advance plus we’d already comfortably qualified for the knockout stages regardless.

Every promotion too we have been big favouraites on the last day as far as I can remember too.

Charlton - just needed to win and they had a 16 year old debutant keeper.
We didn’t need to just win against Charlton. Going into that game we were level on points with Portsmouth (who we had beaten three games prior) and with a superior goal difference to them of plus five. We could plausibly have won against Charlton and still not been promoted.

Last edited:
Watched The Netflix doc up to 4, going to watch the last 2 tonight before I set off for Madrid tomoz just to get me in the mood.

For any Blues who are cacking their panties about Arsenal / Liverpool challenge this season please some take comfort in the absolute beast mentality of this team fronted by the greatest manager of all time.
Well said. Also, if I remember correctly we were 8 points behind the rags in 2012 with 6 games to play and that team didn’t have the mentality of this team.

Double like!

We could go unbeaten since December and still finish 2nd or 3rd which would be incredible. If we don't win it we're going to make the eventual champions work for every second of it. Fair play to any team finishing above us.

Screenshot_20240407_142659.jpg
I think we could still do it but our defence has to be tight and hope other teams do the job

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.