The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if any team has had to deal with a more dramatic and deflating CL exit than ours in 2019, but it didn’t stop us subsequently going on (the continuation of) an incredible record to win the domestic Treble.

Trust in Pep.
It’s in April and May that his genius and the excellence of our medical / sports science depts bear fruit.

I’m one of the idiotic loudmouths screaming at Pep to “get some fucking fresh legs on” when we’re labouring to a narrow victory in autumn and the players on the pitch look dead on their feet and he’s still made no changes but it’s his ability to stick to his guns and to look at the bigger picture earlier in the season that makes us able to come down the home straight like a house on fire

I wonder if any team has had to deal with a more dramatic and deflating CL exit than ours in 2019, but it didn’t stop us subsequently going on (the continuation of) an incredible record to win the domestic Treble.

Trust in Pep.
Said the exact thing to my mate the other day, nothing will beat the sickening feeling of losing over those two legs.

Not disagreeing mate, but last year we won the League with three games remaining and never really looked tired.
This year we've had both Rodri and Pep complaining whilst De Bruyne looked out on his feet towards the end.
Did Rodri complain? I thought he was asked if he needed a rest, and said they had one planned, which was true, as he didn't play the next game (Luton). He may have said something else, but I thought it was more just media spin.

The problem with yesterday is that there is plenty of evidence to suggest that many players can't recover from a 90 minute match within 72 hours. And of course, a 120 minute intense match, followed by another very difficult one is going to push them to the limits.

Five days should be enough for them to mostly recover, and our schedule doesn't look too bad now we're out of the Champions League. Hopefully the tiredness we saw yesterday, and at the end of the match on Wednesday was all about those matches, rather than overall fitness levels.

I've been worried for weeks about getting stitched up by the officials during our run-in to help Arsenal or the dippers to the title.
But with all the noise Forest are making today against the Premier league I'm sure they won't want anymore shit being aimed at them.

They are.

That may not always be the case, but at this moment they are.
Unless you think scousers and arsenal are going perfect (which I doubt given they have to go to Villa and Spurs respectively + some other tricky ones), we can prob afford a draw. But we definitely dont want that to be on Thu given we also have to go to Spurs. I actually think we should win comfortably - we will be fairly rested, Brighton are a level below last year, and they really have nothing to play for at this stage.

Unless you think scousers and arsenal are going perfect (which I doubt given they have to go to Villa and Spurs respectively + some other tricky ones), we can prob afford a draw. But we definitely dont want that to be on Thu given we also have to go to Spurs. I actually think we should win comfortably - we will be fairly rested, Brighton are a level below last year, and they really have nothing to play for at this stage.

How is this even a debate? Just look at the table. And count on your fingers if you must. Nobody needs to try predict the future here, just saying what the situation is at this point in time, as things stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.