The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tickles me when people talk about the average age of our squad

Average age of the side yesterday, that included a 33 year old Gundogan and a 34 year old Walker?

28 years of age

Average age of the Arsenal side from yesterday?

27 years of age

I'll take the extra years worth of experience winning trophy after trophy, thankyou.

We have defenders in their prime, except for Walker, and young forwards. The aging problem concerns exclusively our midfield: Kova 31, Gundo 34, KDB 33, Bernardo 30. Kova and KDB are not the most injury free players either.

Walker can't play and need not play in every game, so we'll use Lewis more often at RB. Foden is another option for midfield, but with Haaland being our only striker Pep is likely to use him often as a forward rather than as a pure midfielder. Which brings us back to our aging midfielders. Nunes has to step up. I'd be surprised if we didn't buy a midfielder in January.

Need goals from somewhere because on all available evidence they're not coming from Doku, Grealish,Kovacic,Bernardo,Lewis,, I'll hold on Savio for the moment as he's played well for the most part(would like to see him hit the net though). Gvardiol has become a very important player for us as he hits the target more often than not.

Exactly my line of thinking

Foden and Rodri scored 27 PL goals combined last season, and whether we like it or not, there will always be a comparison with Cole Palmer's contribution for Chelsea.
In contrast Kovacic has never been a prolific goalscorer and Lewis doesn't look like a natural finisher. That puts a lot of pressure on the other attacking players, but some of them aren't even missing chances

Even against Arsenal, Gvardiol looked the most likely to score for long periods of time

Exactly my line of thinking

Foden and Rodri scored 27 PL goals combined last season, and whether we like it or not, there will always be a comparison with Cole Palmer's contribution for Chelsea.
In contrast Kovacic has never been a prolific goalscorer and Lewis doesn't look like a natural finisher. That puts a lot of pressure on the other attacking players, but some of them aren't even missing chances

Even against Arsenal, Gvardiol looked the most likely to score for long periods of time
Good points and this where I really think this where we have taken our eye off the ball this season.

Rodri and Alvarez contributed 19 league goals last season which have to be made up from somewhere if there is going to be a title challenge.

Grealish Doku Foden Bernado Savinho have scored 1 league goal between them this season.

Impossible to challenge for a title where only one player in the team scores.

If this turns out to be Peps final season then how sad we’ve tossed off the opportunity by choosing not even I invest in the Summer

Good points and this where I really think this where we have taken our eye off the ball this season.

Rodri and Alvarez contributed 19 league goals last season which have to be made up from somewhere if there is going to be a title challenge.

Grealish Doku Foden Bernado Savinho have scored 1 league goal between them this season.

Impossible to challenge for a title where only one player in the team scores.

If this turns out to be Peps final season then how sad we’ve tossed off the opportunity by choosing not even I invest in the Summer
Its great how some posters are the living embodiment of their username.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.