The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are 2/1 second favourites now. The last time we were that price was after the 0-0 draw with Arsenal on Easter Sunday.

Long way to go, we're still unbeaten and have had a tricky enough start on paper.

I feel that its unlikely we win the league but can't rule out Pep coming up with something to compensate the loss of Rodri

We are 2/1 second favourites now. The last time we were that price was after the 0-0 draw with Arsenal on Easter Sunday.

Long way to go, we're still unbeaten and have had a tricky enough start on paper.

I feel that its unlikely we win the league but can't rule out Pep coming up with something to compensate the loss of Rodri
It's not a great look if we are so dependent on one man. Brilliant as he is we should be able to remain very competitive. Pep needs to forget about Rico playing midfield ( maybe I'm missing something but he looks like a fish out of water against any decent side there).
Get Bernardo central for he's become totally ineffective in the wide role. Foden needs to be starting and the walker situation needs sorting.

Fixture for fixture City have the exact same points as last season from the same matches. Arsenal are 1 point up vs the same fixtures last season.

Fixture for fixture City have the exact same points as last season from the same matches. Arsenal are 1 point up vs the same fixtures last season.
Doesn't count for anything this kind of logic. Arsenal have played us, spurs and villa away. that's 3 big hitters out of the wayearly on. Our most important player is out for the season. It is 100% advantage Arsenal.

Can't believe anyone would write us off now. Rodri's a big loss undoubtedly. But a point at St James' in the early kick off is a decent result. Especially when also missing De Bruyne and with Foden not yet firing and Gundo not yet finding his feet. It's early days, these results and performances happen for us at this point in the season.

If Arsenal had have blown Leicester apart and won 4-0 and beaten Brighton I'd be more concerned. They drew with Brighton which undermines the win at Spurs and Villa to some extent. And to let Leicester get back to 2-2 shows that whilst they've nailed their away performances they've still got the ability to drop points at home. No one is scared to go to the Emirates the way they are the Etihad or Anfield.

Doesn't count for anything this kind of logic. Arsenal have played us, spurs and villa away. that's 3 big hitters out of the wayearly on. Our most important player is out for the season. It is 100% advantage Arsenal.

Arsenal have had the tougher start, but we've also played three of the top 7, with two of those being away.

Arsenal also got very lucky with decisions against us. They had three attempts on target, two of which were the goals, which could easily have been ruled out.

Can't believe anyone would write us off now. Rodri's a big loss undoubtedly. But a point at St James' in the early kick off is a decent result. Especially when also missing De Bruyne and with Foden not yet firing and Gundo not yet finding his feet. It's early days, these results and performances happen for us at this point in the season.

If Arsenal had have blown Leicester apart and won 4-0 and beaten Brighton I'd be more concerned. They drew with Brighton which undermines the win at Spurs and Villa to some extent. And to let Leicester get back to 2-2 shows that whilst they've nailed their away performances they've still got the ability to drop points at home. No one is scared to go to the Emirates the way they are the Etihad or Anfield.
I think that's a fair description. Did we do enough to win at Newcastle, possibly but a point apiece felt like a fair result. There'll be a few more results like that over the season for ourselves and the others. Same routine from us I feel. Hang in there over the winter. Our fixtures don't look to bad towards the end of the season.

I think we’ll be right in the mix come the end of May. That could change depending on injuries. I was hoping for one final season of Kevs genius mind and leaving on a high next summer. Really need him to get fit and stay fit. Pep also has a part to play by managing his minutes properly. Oscar Bobb will give us a boost when he returns too, so there’s plenty of optimism despite Rodri being out all season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.