The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
6 games in and you're chucking in the towel already with one player ( albeit a great player ) out injured, honestly im not sure who is worse the press or our own fans in terms of being disrespectful to our players and manager and what they have achieved.
I'm not chucking in the towel, I'm just being realistic, Arsenal injuring Rodri (best midfielder in world football) has greatly enhanced their chances amd decreased ours, even the bookies see it that way. Ongoing concerns over fitness of KDB and Foden and zero backup for Haaland. We have a tiny squad and have invested poorly over last few transfer windows imho. Pep deserved better support from the board in the market. Our midfield and forward line Halaand aside has very little goals, producetive output against teams who in majority are all lining up with a low block. To top it off Arsenal look like they've gone up a notch or two certainly mentally and in terms of squad depth.

Last edited:
arsenal scored a 94 and 99 min goal against leicester at HOME to win that game, villa just drew with ipswich, who liverpool beat, arsenal also drew with brighton at home who chelsea just dismantled and who we beat, 6 games its a complete mish mash and means absolutely fuck all.
Arsenal came to the Etihad and shared the spoils, it's advantage them on that h2h so offcourse home and away fixtures matter

I'm not chucking in the towel, I'm just being realistic, Arsenal injuring Rodri (best midfielder in world football) has greatly enhanced their chances amd decreased ours, even the bookies see it that way. Ongoing concerns over fitness of KDB and Foden and zero backup for Haaland. We have a tiny squad and have invested poorly over last few transfer windows imho. Pep deserved better support from the board in the market. Our midfield and forward line Halaand aside has very little goals, producetive output against teams who in majority are all lining up with a low block. To top it off Arsenal look like they've gone up a notch or two certainly mentally and in terms of squad depth.
wow its too early in the morning to pick apart that load of negative crap so ill just leave it here four in a row titles, best manager in the world ever, 6 games in and we are still second despite only playing rodri for 65 minutes in total and kdb out for 2 of those games and foden barely playing but hey ho lets just hand the title to arsenal because they came and played ten men behind the ball and timewasted for 45 minutes and scored and injury time winner against leicester at home.

6 games in and you're chucking in the towel already with one player ( albeit a great player ) out injured, honestly im not sure who is worse the press or our own fans in terms of being disrespectful to our players and manager and what they have achieved.
Some of our fanbase are incredible. Have they not seen some of the situations we've turned around in recent years?

Some of our fanbase are incredible. Have they not seen some of the situations we've turned around in recent years?
I was going to start a thread yesterday with the title who is more disrespectful to us, the press or our own fans but i thought it would end up in arguments but i entirely agree.

I want us to get to Liverpool (A) at the start of December unbeaten, we play 7 league games before then.

Next league games:
28th Sept - Newcastle (A)
5th Oct - Fulham (H)
20th Oct - Wolves (A)
26th Oct - Southampton (H)
2nd Nov - Bournemouth (A)
9th Nov - Brighton (A)
23rd Nov - Spurs (H)
1st Dec - Liverpool (A)

So the next game is the hardest game until Liverpool.

If we go unbeaten before that Liverpool game with at least 6 wins we'll be in a great position.

So I said this pre-Newcastle game, the next 6 are winnable now. Wolves and Brighton away and Spurs at home will be tricky but we've got to put a run together before the inevitable loss at Liverpool.

If I go back 12 months and look at the title race thread there it will be exactly the same!

City are always favourites because they know how to get stuff done, I think for Arsenal to win the league we'll need to be 6 points clear in march because City have a decent run in plus go full beast mode in the finishing straight.

I'd discount the Dippers for now as they've basically played lower half teams apart from Forest in 9th who beat them. Chelsea are far too chaotic and that defence is a disaster waiting to happen.

Some City fans bemoaning the draw at Newcastle - that's a damn hard place to go and get a result - City won there last season with an injury time winner, Arsenal lost there so it's hardly a disaster. Didn't City draw there 2 seasons ago as well? That season didn't turn out too badly if I recall correctly....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.