The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People have short memories though. We've scraped through games in every season we've won titles, as have other champions.

It's top level footy, you can't just turn teams over every weekend. We won out fair share of games last season by a single goal margin against the likes of Luton, Wolves, Bournemouth, Brentford etc

That was on top of us not too well against the rest of the top 4.

Who won the league?

What I'm really saying is calm down. It's way too early to be shitting your knickers.
Cheers pal but I'm not shitting myself.

Scoring last minute is luck mate, on another day VAR rob us of victory. We did nothing that deserved us the win. A keeper is paid to make saves. We got away with another one today.

We currently look absolutely nowhere near a team that's going to win the title. We've played Brentford, Fulham and fucking Wolves and scraped through all 3.

Early days and City are known to be slow starters and like I said Arsenal & Liverpool don't look good enough either. All to play for.
No it is not.
You get the luck you've worked for.
Phil's precise delivery plus Stonesy power header from the eighteenth corner ain't no fucking luck for fuck's sake. It is hard work, skills and talent.

Looks like it’s gonna back same as last season
We don’t look great but are getting the points
Liverpool higher now than maybe they will end
Arsenal getting points but also dropped some in games you would expect
Next weekend is huge for us, Get three points then site back and watch arsenal or Liverpool drop points

Scoring last minute is luck mate, on another day VAR rob us of victory. We did nothing that deserved us the win. A keeper is paid to make saves. We got away with another one today.

We currently look absolutely nowhere near a team that's going to win the title. We've played Brentford, Fulham and fucking Wolves and scraped through all 3.

Early days and City are known to be slow starters and like I said Arsenal & Liverpool don't look good enough either. All to play for.
There’s no such thing as luck.

Much like karma, omens, signs, destiny, fate, jinxes, hoodoos, curses and magic… luck doesn’t exist.

What people describe as ‘luck’ is just preparation meeting opportunity. If you never give up and work hard until the end of the game to score the winner, there is a possibility it will happen.

I do agree though, there’s nothing about us outside that work ethic that makes us look like a team that would usually win the league. We look so far behind the quality of our football we used to have in either the 2017-18 Centurions season or the 2018-19 Fourmidables season, and we look nowhere near the goal threat we did then.

It is understandable when our ideal starting midfield of Rodri, Foden and de Bruyne aren’t starting games and looking back to then our starting midfield was Fernandinho, DSilva and de Bruyne. Due to players being out it’s currently Kovačić, Gündoğan and BSilva who - despite being similar in age to Fernandinho and DSilva from 2017 to 2019 - are all looking like their best years are well behind them.

But there’s something else that feels like it’s missing and that’s an abundance of creators and goal scorers. Our biggest goal threats outside Haaland are currently Kovačić, Gvardiol and Stones (none of which are even attacking players). When we used to have Agüero, Jesus, Sterling, Mahrez, Sané, de Bruyne, DSilva and a younger Gündoğan… who all contributed to goal threats.

Doku, Savinho, Lewis and current Gündoğan simply aren’t doing enough. Grealish is looking like a bigger goal creating and scoring threat in cameos at the end of games (Arsenal at home, yesterday) than those three combined from starting games.

A number of windows where we’ve brought in players no better or not as good as our challengers have, has seen us level out with them now.

However, de Bruyne and Foden will be back playing soon and we have one thing over all the other teams in Pep that still sets us apart, so there’s still a chance that it’ll click when they are back in the team in good form.

To answer the OP’s question, I feel like this will be a close and lower points achieving season at the top than we’ve seen for many of the seasons under Pep. Say, 85 points for the winner, because I just don’t think there are any special teams at the moment and I think all the top sides will drop points against more teams than we usually would.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.