The Tottenham Thread 12/13

des hardi said:
Ntini77 said:
United win written all over this, unfortunately.
who`s the ref? anyone!

Chris Foy who sent Kompany off for the phantom two-footed foul. But he also ref'd the same fixture at Old Trafford that Spurs won - did Baconface criticise him after it? I'm sure he complained about a lack of stoppage time. Let's see if Foy wheels out the dodgy decisions to appease the vile oxygen thief.

Braggster said:
Manc in London said:
Strepsils man has confirmed that Sandro is out for the season. Gutted for the lad.

Hopefully, Spurs bring in a midfielder this transfer window as relying on just Parker, Huddlestone and Dembele (and possibly Vertongen) could be risky. I'm desperate for them to finish above Arsenal, and knock the Gooners out of a top 4 place.
You mean you don't class Jake Livermore as a midfielder?

Actually, on second thoughts you may have a point ;)

:)

I had actually forgotten about him. Shame on me as I know his uncle.

With Sandro out injured (possibly for the rest of the season) along with Kaboul & Gallas and Adebayor at the ACON, this is how I think AVB will line-up his Spurs team against United on Sunday:

Lloris

Walker Dawson Vertonghen Assou-Ekotto

Parker Dembele

Lennon Dempsey Bale

Defoe

Mod note, from the CoC

4. Do not advertise personal sites or products for sale.

Dempsey? I'd rather see Carroll or Huddlestone start. United struggle against teams with 3 in midfield.

Like soneone said above, Spurs fans won't be disappointed if they lose. They rwgard losing to United as more preferable to losing against any other team.

Manc in London said:
Like soneone said above, Spurs fans won't be disappointed if they lose. They rwgard losing to United as more preferable to losing against any other team.

THIS

Spurs' fans were more devastated than some scum fans when we won the title last year. But I gave them right back when Chelsea won the Champions league to knock them out of this year's CL.

THFC6061 said:
With Sandro out injured (possibly for the rest of the season) along with Kaboul & Gallas and Adebayor at the ACON, this is how I think AVB will line-up his Spurs team against United on Sunday:

Lloris

Walker Dawson Vertonghen Assou-Ekotto

Parker Dembele

Lennon Dempsey Bale

Defoe

Mod note, from the CoC

4. Do not advertise personal sites or products for sale.

looks a tasty line up for spurs... good luck!

mod note, from the bottom of my heart......

is this guy for real? ;)

Manc in London said:

This is such a myth. Somewhat obviously, when it was Man U competing against Arsenal and then Chelsea for the league then pretty much all Spurs fans preferred to see Man U win the league rather than our local rivals. Even then, losing against them was hardly "preferable" - there was simply a silver lining when we (invariably) did. I, and every other Spurs fan I know, still wanted us to win every single game we played against them.

Now the league looks like being a straight race between Man U and City, I couldn't really care less who wins. It's probably fair to say a lot of Spurs fans do have a small soft spot (not really the right term, but it serves a purpose) for Man U because they did prevent Arsenal winning more titles, but that is about the extent of it. Personally, all I hope for is that you two push each other the whole way and keep the title race interesting.

In terms of tomorrow's game, I can assure you that vast, vast majority of Spurs fans will be devastated if we don't win. Beating them at home in the league is something of a monkey we need to get off our back and, having finally beaten them at their place (annoyingly the first year I haven't been to that fixture in over a decade), doing the double over them this season would be most welcome. We've certainly got the quality to get at them, and any suggestion we will "roll over" for them is so far off the mark it is laughable.

you roll over for the rags every year at whl. nothing laughable about it. rags to win 3-1 or 4-1 tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.