The Tottenham Thread 12/13

The rags call it "Three Point Lane." I remeber being pissed off after the rags win there last seasonl, went on Glory Glory and most of the comments were "at least it stops Citeh winning the league!"

IH8MUFC said:
you roll over for the rags every year at whl. nothing laughable about it. rags to win 3-1 or 4-1 tomorrow.

They have beaten us twice at WHL in the last five years.

Kun Aguero said:
The rags call it "Three Point Lane." I remeber being pissed off after the rags win there last seasonl, went on Glory Glory and most of the comments were "at least it stops Citeh winning the league!"

Then maybe there is a great deal of truth in the accusations that they are a deluded sent of fans. It was certainly a "gimme" for them for a fair few years, but as I have just said they've won twice in the last five seasons and I really doubt it will be 3 in 6 after tomorrow.

In terms of people commenting on it stopping City winning the league, I don't really understand that. I know I was pissed off that we lost, and certainly every fellow fan I know was. Give me the hypothetical choice of us winning that game and City winning that title or losing it and Man U winning the title and it's the easiest decision I'll ever have to make.

Kun Aguero said:

I think it was Chelsea that first referred to the ground as Three Point Lane.

You are spot on about the reactions from Spurs fans following the loss against the Rags.

I am surrounded by Spurs fans, mainly sound, kowledgeable and, to be honest, very similar to Blues. However, they do have some of the most bitter, deluded and arrogant fans. Some now dislike us more than some of their biggest rivals (Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham).

FrostyNRG said:
Kun Aguero said:

Then maybe there is a great deal of truth in the accusations that they are a deluded sent of fans. It was certainly a "gimme" for them for a fair few years, but as I have just said they've won twice in the last five seasons and I really doubt it will be 3 in 6 after tomorrow.

In terms of people commenting on it stopping City winning the league, I don't really understand that. I know I was pissed off that we lost, and certainly every fellow fan I know was. Give me the hypothetical choice of us winning that game and City winning that title or losing it and Man U winning the title and it's the easiest decision I'll ever have to make.

How about I rephrase the question as; who, out of City and United would you prefer to win the title?

lloydie said:
How about I rephrase the question as; who, out of City and United would you prefer to win the title?

I really don't mind/care as I don't see an advantage to Tottenham either way. That might seem like a cop out, but it's the truth. It will only change if I put a bet on it some point.

Manc in London said:
Kun Aguero said:

I think it was Chelsea that first referred to the ground as Three Point Lane.

You are spot on about the reactions from Spurs fans following the loss against the Rags.

I am surrounded by Spurs fans, mainly sound, kowledgeable and, to be honest, very similar to Blues. However, they do have some of the most bitter, deluded and arrogant fans. Some now dislike us more than some of their biggest rivals (Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham).
i don t blame them mate...... i blame the tabloids they must be buying. i get the same from liverpool & arsenal fans, it seems they are so stupid and brianwashed they are fighting the rags corner. the mind boggles......

Manc in London said:

You can only judge on what you find, so fair enough if that's the impression you get. I'm sure I know a great deal more Spurs fans though, and not a single one dislikes City more than Arsenal or Chelsea. If it was a title race between City and Chelsea (still just about feasible I suppose) then I can assure you there would be a lot of Spurs fans wanting City to win their games.

West Ham are really not a big rival of ours for the record; that's a very one sided hatred.

I think with Spurs improvement in the last few years, they feel more like United's rivals than their cannon fodder. I'd be extremely surprised to see any of them shrug a bad result off tomorrow. They can certainly compete in a match, and are a few signings off competing over a full season against them and us.

FrostyNRG said:
lloydie said:

I really don't mind/care as I don't see an advantage to Tottenham either way. That might seem like a cop out, but it's the truth. It will only change if I put a bet on it some point.

Well fielded Sir, get yourself down to the Oval ;)

There is, however, a feeling amongst blues that there is some empathy for the dark side at your Club and within your fanbase. Not helped by the clearly duplicitous self interest shown in becoming a signatory to the Arsenal/Rags/Dipper FFP letter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.