The Tottenham Thread 12/13

THFC6061 said:
Tottenham Hotspur player's goals & assists 2012-13 updated after the 3-0 win against Inter Milan (boy, does that feel good to type!)...

P0206_zps063fd896.png

Bale is the main man and he's dragging spurs to top 4 and a European trophy!

The inter game over but be interesting how spurs do over there without Bale

MSP said:
4 goals and 7 assists, always running on defences and people say Lennon is shit when I said we should go for him the other day.

6 of assists in Premier League, one less than David Silva and Tevez.

Much more consistent now and more capable of passing a defender in tight situations. Earlier in his career, his game was heavily reliant on racing defenders and then flashing, often erratically, crosses across the face of goal. Will be interesting to see how his game progresses from here.

Gabriel said:
Poor Inter side and surprisingly ill-organised for an Italian team.

Couldn't help think that a fourth goal would have given Spurs a comfortable cushion and insurmountable lead, but Defoe is worryingly wasteful when presented with chances.

He's also most definitely NOT a team player, all he does is get the ball in the final third and then try and have a shot. Even when there are numerous better placed teammates he'll still have a pop from some stupid position.

Matty said:
Gabriel said:
Poor Inter side and surprisingly ill-organised for an Italian team.

Couldn't help think that a fourth goal would have given Spurs a comfortable cushion and insurmountable lead, but Defoe is worryingly wasteful when presented with chances.

He's also most definitely NOT a team player, all he does is get the ball in the final third and then try and have a shot. Even when there are numerous better placed teammates he'll still have a pop from some stupid position.

He missed two chances in the first half, when he failed to place the ball in the corner and shot instead towards the goalkeeper, while in the second half, he carried the ball up the park too long, thereby squandering a glorious counterattack.

MSP said:
4 goals and 7 assists, always running on defences and people say Lennon is shit when I said we should go for him the other day.

6 of assists in Premier League, one less than David Silva and Tevez.

I think a large part of that is thanks to AVB, most of their players have seemed so much better this season with someone tactically aware at the helm.

AVB is doing a great job, but your squad really does lack depth. It's impressive how he is still fighting on in Europe. Next year without serious investment competing in the Champions League may cause you to drop out of the top 4 again. Chelsea and Liverpool have young squads, which should be a lot better.

Also is it just me or does Walker make a huge mistake resulting in a goal every other game? He really needs to improve his concentration and decision making.

supercrystal7 said:
AVB is doing a great job, but your squad really does lack depth. It's impressive how he is still fighting on in Europe. Next year without serious investment competing in the Champions League may cause you to drop out of the top 4 again. Chelsea and Liverpool have young squads, which should be a lot better.

Also is it just me or does Walker make a huge mistake resulting in a goal every other game? He really needs to improve his concentration and decision making.
Walker is, at best, an average player. How he won the PFA young player of the year last season is a mystery. And Assou-Ekotto would scare the shit out of me if (god forbid) I had the misfortune to be a Spurs fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.