The Tottenham Thread 12/13

Re: Adebayor

Massive, massive fine please. 10 weeks or so. The man has let everyone down - utter disgrace. We broke our wage structure for him - if he fucks us over he needs to pay some of that back. Would be happy to see him sold in January but I know it's not possible.

Re: Adebayor get out of our club

100% with you. Sack him if necessary, I don't care if we take a financial hit.

lol

Matty said:
It seems a strange decision to spend that kind of money on the French Number 1 and then sit him on the bench behind a 41 year old. Maybe Friedel has been playing well, but whats clear is he is not Spurs keeper for the future. Is it worth pissing off Lloris, souring him on the club and leaving him struggling for form due to a lack of gametime just to play the inform Friedel who, in all likelihood will be gone in the Summer?

You have to question hwo much AVB actually wanted Lloris and how much Levy felt it was a value for money signing.
friedel is the best keeper in the prem. class act.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:16 am --<br /><br />
citykev28 said:
Crouchinho said:
jimharri said:
Agreed. Definite red card. I think when our resident spud has had a night's sleep and sees it again on the MOTD repeat in the morning, he will reconsider his opinion.

Perhaps, maybe I have rose tinted glasses. It's like when people didn't think Balotelli did anything wrong with Parker. We always seem to back our players.

With the horrible past of Webb, I don't trust his decisions. Carzola rolled around more than a pig in mud.

I won't say that Mario 100% did or didn't mean it but watch it at full speed. If he knew what
he was doing, he's more talented than any of us Mancs imagine he is.

mario did it on purpose. the biomechcanics of his leg movement prove that. nobody swings their leg tbe way mario did if he was off balance. clear red card for ade.
vs arsenal as well._

I didn't mean to set off a debate about Mario, that's all in the past now. It was just how we defend our own. I still haven't watched a replay, but ade apologised to the players and fans for the challenge. Sign of a guilty man.

Webb is still a wanker. Hopefully most will agree.

Crouchinho said:
I didn't mean to set off a debate about Mario, that's all in the past now. It was just how we defend our own. I still haven't watched a replay, but ade apologised to the players and fans for the challenge. Sign of a guilty man.

I doubt it.
Howard Webb is the best referee in the Premiership.
I would be more than happy if he officiated in every City game.

Crouchinho said:

i thought it was a great challenge by adebayor, unfortunately i`m an old bugger and times have change since my youth, challenges like that were applauded then but now are illegal in the sport.

if its any comfort which probably it isnt, i thought you would butcher arsenal with 11 men on the pitch but as soon as you went down to 10 the writing was on the wall i`m afraid.

if i had a hate list united would be the only name on it. my dislike list would have arsenal on top

Crouchinho said:

My issues with the Balotelli incident are not really around whether I bleieve he did or didn't mean it.

If I were being honest I think Balotelli did mean to kick out at Parker so, morally, he probably deserved to serve a ban for it.

However my issues are as follows.

Webb quite clearly saw the incident at the time. He looked directly at the incident and gesticulated after it to indicate he's seen it and, more importantly, he hadn't deemed it to be anything untoward. The fact he then came out after the game and claimed he hadn't seen it and, had he seen it based on the TV replays he's have sent Balotelli off was pure and simple bullshit. He bowed to media pressure, pressure stoked up by media darling and triffic bloke Harry Redknapp. He lied. Whether, ultimately, the correct outcome happened is irrelevant. Webb lied.

My second issue is that the appeal was not upheld. As I said before, I believe Balotelli intended to do it. However I'm not 100% certain, and I'm not 100% certain because the replays are far from conclusive. From the replays it's just as likely his leg caught Parker as part of an attempt to steady himself on landing. I don't believe that's what happened, but it's certainly a fairly plausible explanation. As such, with the replays being at best open to fairly wide interpretation, it beggars belief for a 4 match ban to be handed down to Balotelli. The ban should have been overturned as his guilt was far from certain. They guessed. They allowed his reputation to make the decision and, yet again, they bowed to media and triffic Harry's pressure.

The Balotelli incident showed Howard Webb to be a pandering liar and the FA to be a spineless set of bastards more interested in looking like they're doing the right thing than actually doing the right thing.

Matty said:
The Balotelli incident showed Howard Webb to be a pandering liar and the FA to be a spineless set of bastards more interested in looking like they're doing the right thing than actually doing the right thing.

Agreed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.