The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
THFC6061 said:
Meet the one Everton fan who thought it might be a good idea to take a pair of sunglasses for the Spurs game...

A5973_zps9bea4b5e.jpg

Except there is another, level with him on the right hand side of the pic, not that funny now is it?

THFC6061 said:
Meet the one Everton fan who thought it might be a good idea to take a pair of sunglasses for the Spurs game...

A5973_zps9bea4b5e.jpg

If you go up the photo about 2" from the tip of Howard's elbow, there's another one. Looks like a female with a woolly hat on.

Fucking nora...............I can't believe I actually scanned for another one just to prove this twat wrong.

Despot eh? CNUT!

Kun Aguero said:
MJepsenJensen said:
dave_blue12 said:
How many of their huge huge total of 9 PL goals have been penalties ?

Can't be arsed ti check but I think it's 4 and so ....

Spurs have scored 5 goals in open play in 10 games - what a fantastic team ! LOL !

The defensive dimensions of the side allow us to stay strong and not concede many goals.s

Find me a better goal keeper than Lloris
Find me a better right back than Kyle Walker
Find me a better centre back partnership between Jan Vertonghen and Romania's 23 year old sensational captain Vlad Chiriches
Don't forget Danny Rose - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-rose-superstar.747954/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/da ... ar.747954/</a>

Sandro - Brazil's best defensive midfielder
Paulinho - Brazil's box to box sensation In the side ahead of Ramires and Fernandinho.
Capoue - The best DM in the league in my opinion

This Spurs side is strong and solid, We won't concede more than 1 at COMS and that's a promise, AVB has identified the weaknesses in the Spurs defence and he has eradicated them.

May as well just give you the league.

A better right back than kyle walker i can find you 2 and they both play in blue if you put kyle walker in the middle of a desert hed find a blind ally to run down. Its nice to have faith in your own team its delusional to assume that every player you have is the best.

THFC6061 said:
bleed.blue said:
THFC6061 said:
I mentioned during the summer that Younes Kaboul & Jan Vertonghen were arguably one of the best central defence partnerships in the Premier League.

Michael Dawson would be Tottenham's third-choice and Chiriches our fourth choice.

Which only goes to underline the strength in depth that Spurs have in defence this season.

Vertonghen is used as a left back when Danny Rose is injured, as he's better there than Kyle Naughton.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?
My question was how can they be the best CB partnership in PL when they haven't started together as CB partnership?
Similarly, reg your Vertonghen-Kaboul as best CB partnership, how many games have they played together as CB?
so once again, Are you being delibrately obtuse?

I never said that they're one of the best partnerships in the League.

But now that you mention it, Chiriches & Vertonghen did keep a clean sheet in the only game they partnered each other (2-0 away v Sheriff Tiraspol).
A centre half pairing of Stephen Hawking and Warwick Davis could have kept a clean sheet against those "giants" of Moldovan football!

The word "arguably" probably saves you on the Vertonghen/Kaboul front, as it means it's open to debate and by no means certain. Given the fact those two players have hardly played together as a partnership it's almost impossible to assess how good they would be, however I'd still argue that there are better centre half partnerships. Mertesacker and Kocielny seem to have developed a decent partnership, Vidic and Ferdinand, albeit not as good as in the past, would be better. Kompany and Nastasic proved for an entire season just how good they were as a pairing. I just can't see Kaboul or Vertonghen being the best around. Kaboul has only played 2 league games since the end of our title winning season, which is when Vertonghen joined Spurs, so at best they've played 2 league games together. It's just as "arguable" that they form an absolutely piss poor partnership, that they can't read each others play, that they just don't work together as a pair.

Proelia said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Proelia said:
Thats a challenge if spuds concede more then 1 , you fuck off to a spurs forum and dont come back

So sandro and capoue are the best 2 holding mids in the lge?? I, d have fernandinho any day
vertonghan and the romanian rather have vinny and nasty
lloris rather have begovic at stoke
walker your having a laugh can, t wait to see nasri and silva make him look as shit as he really is we have 2 that are far better steady season for spurs again 5th place

Why you saying that to me ?

no the deluded spurs fan.

Honestly, with the Lloris situation, it never should have never been his decision to make whether he stayed on the field or not. He's obviously going to fight to stay on the field, and it's obvious the manager isn't likely to be doing any kind of long-term thinking in the heat of a match either.

That leaves the physio. Right now, the physio's job to do everything possible to make sure the player gets back on the field as quickly as possible. At the same time though, they need the power (and directive) to protect the player from themselves and be the final decision maker, even above the manager, when a head injury is involved. This type of action is starting to be implemented in some US sports, though there have been clear instances when the spirit/letter of the rules have been violated.

I'm more surprised though that this became big news at all, since the isn't the first instance of a playing losing consciousness in a match and continuing to play this year. The Stoke defender was out cold against City and Lukaku himself doesn't remember a goal from earlier in the year. It'll be interesting how many more incidents will have to occur before actual action is taken...

ksf42001 said:
Honestly, with the Lloris situation, it never should have never been his decision to make whether he stayed on the field or not. He's obviously going to fight to stay on the field, and it's obvious the manager isn't likely to be doing any kind of long-term thinking in the heat of a match either.

That leaves the physio. Right now, the physio's job to do everything possible to make sure the player gets back on the field as quickly as possible. At the same time though, they need the power (and directive) to protect the player from themselves and be the final decision maker, even above the manager, when a head injury is involved. This type of action is starting to be implemented in some US sports, though there have been clear instances when the spirit/letter of the rules have been violated.

I'm more surprised though that this became big news at all, since the isn't the first instance of a playing losing consciousness in a match and continuing to play this year. The Stoke defender was out cold against City and Lukaku himself doesn't remember a goal from earlier in the year. It'll be interesting how many more incidents will have to occur before actual action is taken...

I agree with what you say, but it was the Spurs medical team who made the decision for Lloris to continue on Sunday, not AVB or the player himself.

And as they are the same medical team who saved Fabrice Muamba's life not so long ago, I think they have a good idea of what they're doing.

Whether or not there should be a mandatory replacement for players with concussion is another matter entirely.

THFC6061 said:

A5973_zps9bea4b5e.jpg

What about him?

thfc6061.jpg

I've got too much time on my hands...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.