The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimharri said:
MJepsenJensen said:
Hugo could easily get double or triple at Monaco or PSG.
And if you don't win anything (or, at the very least, qualify for the CL), he's not going to hang around at Spurs when he can get more money and almost certain CL qualification at PSG. Don't delude yourselves.

By the way mods; how come 6061 is still on here after his ''despot'' dig?
+1

Besides, I some of the other Spurs posters, but this thread is wrecked by his constant wumming.

dave_blue12 said:
AVB seems like a bit of a fuckwit.

He's put together a dysfunctional team that creates jack shit going forward. Without the generosity of the Officials they would be on 12 points. And before you delusional Spuds fans start claiming that they were all defo pens please remember there are stonewallers turned down virtually every game.

AVB didn't even have the wit to sub his own goalie after he had clearly been concussed. A piece of rank stupidity risking his own players welfare.

Well however we did it, we have still at least put the points on the board. We are only ten games into the season and so far it looks like our focus has been on creating the right defensive shape and pressing off the ball. What should come next is the drilling of attacking moves within this shape so that we get better attacking fluency while still maintaining the solid defense that we've built up. We could probably score more goals if we just went gung ho and attacked relentlessly but then our high line could easily be ripped apart on the counter. We basically have an entirely new front five so I'm sure that we will see the development of some chemistry and understanding among these players. To win games now we really only have to score 1 or 2 goals, and with Soldado's finishing ability that should mean we just need to create 3-4 clear chances for him per game. That should definitely be doable and it the reason why I am still positive about the direction we are taking, even though we haven't taken off in an attacking sense just yet.

Ignoring the West Ham game, we've conceded two goals in nine games. If we continue with that ratio we would concede 6 more goals in the remainder of the season. Obviously it will probably be more than that, but it still shows how good our defense has been this season so far imo. And I'm confident that if AVB can do such a good job in setting up the team defensively, then he can do the same kind of work with our attacking play.

Meet the one Everton fan who thought it might be a good idea to take a pair of sunglasses for the Spurs game...

A5973_zps9bea4b5e.jpg

Chiriches-Vertonghen best CB partnership in the league???

How many games have they started together as CBs in the league? I seem to remember Vertonghen playing LB whenever Chiriches has started as CB in the league. Do you even watch your team play?

bleed.blue said:

How many games have they started together as CBs in the league? I seem to remember Vertonghen playing LB whenever Chiriches has started as CB in the league. Do you even watch your team play?

I mentioned during the summer that Younes Kaboul & Jan Vertonghen were arguably one of the best central defence partnerships in the Premier League.

Michael Dawson would be Tottenham's third-choice and Chiriches our fourth choice.

Which only goes to underline the strength in depth that Spurs have in defence this season.

Vertonghen is used as a left back when Danny Rose is injured, as he's better there than Kyle Naughton.

THFC6061 said:
bleed.blue said:

I mentioned during the summer that Younes Kaboul & Jan Vertonghen were arguably one of the best central defence partnerships in the Premier League.

Michael Dawson would be Tottenham's third-choice and Chiriches our fourth choice.

Which only goes to underline the strength in depth that Spurs have in defence this season.

Vertonghen is used as a left back when Danny Rose is injured, as he's better there than Kyle Naughton.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?
My question was how can they be the best CB partnership in PL when they haven't started together as CB partnership?
Similarly, reg your Vertonghen-Kaboul as best CB partnership, how many games have they played together as CB?
so once again, Are you being delibrately obtuse?

bleed.blue said:

Vertonghen in the papers today saying he is unhappy with avb for,guess what, playing him out of position.

bleed.blue said:
THFC6061 said:
bleed.blue said:

Are you being deliberately obtuse?
My question was how can they be the best CB partnership in PL when they haven't started together as CB partnership?
Similarly, reg your Vertonghen-Kaboul as best CB partnership, how many games have they played together as CB?
so once again, Are you being delibrately obtuse?

I never said that they're one of the best partnerships in the League.

But now that you mention it, Chiriches & Vertonghen did keep a clean sheet in the only game they partnered each other (2-0 away v Sheriff Tiraspol).

There's a good(ish) write-up on the BBC website about Spurs' tactics by Robbie Savage: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24794729

His main thrust is that AVB is setting them up to not concede and that means leaving out the main flair players, thus starving Soldado of any real service. Many have said pretty much the same on here, and I would agree (from the little I have seen of Spurs).

But I'd also agree with something posted a page or two back; AVB knows this is a work in progress and is likely to move on to this issue as soon as he feels he can.

I'd say Spurs have been lucky so far as they were likely to have been several points worse off. Maybe their luck will be enough to get them CL at the end of the season (I wouldn't put money on it) but their luck can't hold too much longer and AVB better start working on creating chances.

MJepsenJensen said:
dave_blue12 said:
How many of their huge huge total of 9 PL goals have been penalties ?

Can't be arsed ti check but I think it's 4 and so ....

Spurs have scored 5 goals in open play in 10 games - what a fantastic team ! LOL !

The defensive dimensions of the side allow us to stay strong and not concede many goals.s

Find me a better goal keeper than Lloris
Find me a better right back than Kyle Walker
Find me a better centre back partnership between Jan Vertonghen and Romania's 23 year old sensational captain Vlad Chiriches
Don't forget Danny Rose - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-rose-superstar.747954/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/da ... ar.747954/</a>

Sandro - Brazil's best defensive midfielder
Paulinho - Brazil's box to box sensation In the side ahead of Ramires and Fernandinho.
Capoue - The best DM in the league in my opinion

This Spurs side is strong and solid, We won't concede more than 1 at COMS and that's a promise, AVB has identified the weaknesses in the Spurs defence and he has eradicated them.

May as well just give you the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.