The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
City Raider said:
THFC6061 said:
ArdwickBlue said:
& 4 places above them

Well Spurs are averaging 2 points a game for the season, so City would have to finish on around 91 points for the season for your prediction to come true.

That's 13 points more than you managed last season, so good luck with that.

if you want to do projections, you are on course to score about 35 goals this season, yet you reckon that will get you 76 points?

good luck with that

35 1-0 wins would give you 105 points.

I'll gladly settle for that!

THFC6061 said:
City Raider said:
THFC6061 said:
Well Spurs are averaging 2 points a game for the season, so City would have to finish on around 91 points for the season for your prediction to come true.

That's 13 points more than you managed last season, so good luck with that.

if you want to do projections, you are on course to score about 35 goals this season, yet you reckon that will get you 76 points?

good luck with that

That's a realistic possibility with the two below

814829826.jpg

Best keeper and joint best center back (Kompany is the only one on the same level but he has injury problems so Jan is my 1st pick)

MJepsenJensen said:
THFC6061 said:
City Raider said:

good luck with that

814829826.jpg

Best keeper and joint best center back (Kompany is the only one on the same level but he has injury problems so Jan is my 1st pick)
sorry but kompany is a few levels above jan

dannyirishblue said:
MJepsenJensen said:
THFC6061 said:

814829826.jpg

I have to disagree, I think Jan is just as good and probably better as he's more versatile and he adds a goal threat.

MJepsenJensen said:
dannyirishblue said:
MJepsenJensen said:

814829826.jpg

I have to disagree, I think Jan is just as good and probably better as he's more versatile and he adds a goal threat.

It's not like Vinny has ever scored an important goal

[bigimg]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/30/article-2137580-12D96768000005DC-971_468x286.jpg[/bigimg]

Ducado said:
fac63 said:
Ducado said:
No problem with most of the opposition fans on here they all seem to be sound posters who really know and like their football they are also very respectful, the guy we are talking about just does not realise that he is boring I think he might be getting the message now

I don't know what the rules of banning anyone are, but as a Spurs' fan, I find him pedantic and insufferable. So much so that I avoid this thread when he's in full voice here.

I think he just needed to be told to pipe down a bit, it would be boring if he were a City fan doing the same thing, there is a difference between debate and banter and bombarding us with facts and figures that can be read in some many different ways.

Anyway how do you think you will fair against Newcastle, they are very bad away for home I think it will be 3-0

I'm veeerrrry curious to see the team sheet tomorrow. I don't pretend to know what AVB knows about football or what goes on in training. BUT, I do watch the games and form opinions. Much has been made of our troubles in the final 3rd, and I put it down to some lack of width and/or lack of technical creativity on the pitch.

Personally, if AVB likes the defensive fortitude (and, face it, there's a lot to like) of the current system. I think we have to get Eriksen and one of Lamela or Chadli on the pitch to play in a congested midfield. OR if he wants to open it up to give Soldado more room to operate, then we can't continue to persist w/ 2 wide players who like to cut in. Namely, Townsend and Sigurdsson. Last week he put Lennon on the left where he is always going to cut inside as well. Just without the ability to score from long range like Siggy.

I would like to see him drop Townsend to the bench in favor of Lennon out wide on the right or Lamela in a more congested system. I think Townsend has immense upside, but it almost seems like he's being given Bale's role to cut in and shoot at will, and he obviously doesn't have 1% of Bale's ball striking ability. And when he gets inside, he doesn't have the vision and/or skill to get anyone involved.

When we have looked even mildly free-flowing this year (Norwich, Cardiff, 1st half Chelsea) it has been with Paulinho and Sigurdsson breaking into the box after some holdup play between Eriksen and Soldado. Anyway, I like all of the possession that we get and how solid we look at the back, but there is a glaring lack of scoring chances being created right now.

Edit: But as to your question, I have a feeling it's going to be 4-2 to us.

MJepsenJensen said:
dannyirishblue said:
MJepsenJensen said:

814829826.jpg

Are we talking about the same Vincent Kompany who is equally adept playing in the middle of midfield as he is being the best centre half in the country??

By the way I actually rate Vertonghen it's absolutely no disgrace to not be on the same level as 1 of the best defenders in world football.

As for today I can only see a routine 1 or 2-0 win for your lot

MJepsenJensen said:
dannyirishblue said:
MJepsenJensen said:

814829826.jpg

seriously i dont know where to start with this ignorant shit

MJepsenJensen said:
dannyirishblue said:
MJepsenJensen said:

814829826.jpg

I rather go with the Belgium National Team's players opinion who rate Kompany over Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.