The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pre-match thread on Glory Glory might be worth keeping an eye on over the next few days. I expect the delirium to ramp up very soon...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/5323-OMT-Tottenham-Hotspur-Vs-Man-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread ... s-Man-City</a>

One guy there that says Soldado will score more than Negredo... *bites fist*

Crouchinho said:
For me he's one of the first ones on the team sheet along with Hugo and Vertonghen

I'd agree. Definitely our three most consistent performers this year. Which is slightly depressing as they're all obviously defensive players!<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:45 pm --<br /><br />
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
The pre-match thread on Glory Glory might be worth keeping an eye on over the next few days. I expect the delirium to ramp up very soon...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/5323-OMT-Tottenham-Hotspur-Vs-Man-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread ... s-Man-City</a>

In the game or this season? Both pretty unlikely to be fair.

I was really excited about the Soldado signing but been really disappointed so far. Clearly it's not all his fault and we haven't really played to his strengths, but he hasn't exactly helped himself either. Like many Spurs fans I've been desperate for us to sign a top striker for a long time and, while Soldadado clearly has a decent record and is a class player, I'm not sure we've got one that's right for the way we're going to be playing. Too early to judge for certain of course, but far from convinced him so far.

FrostyNRG said:
Crouchinho said:
For me he's one of the first ones on the team sheet along with Hugo and Vertonghen

I'd agree. Definitely our three most consistent performers this year. Which is slightly depressing as they're all obviously defensive players!

-- Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:45 pm --

Dzeko's Right Boot said:

In the game or this season? Both pretty unlikely to be fair.

I was really excited about the Soldado signing but been really disappointed so far. Clearly it's not all his fault and we haven't really played to his strengths, but he hasn't exactly helped himself either. Like many Spurs fans I've been desperate for us to sign a top striker for a long time and, while Soldadado clearly has a decent record and is a class player, I'm not sure we've got one that's right for the way we're going to be playing. Too early to judge for certain of course, but far from convinced him so far.

I am sure at Valencia, Soldado always had a strike partner. Maybe that is what is required. If you signed somebody like Benteke, I could see him holding the ball up whilst Soldado ghosts into goal scoring positions. If AVB wanted to play with one striker you could always have Lamela or Erikesen off Benteke, like VDV played. It is a shame that Adebayor's gone off the rails again as I could see him and Soldado making a good pairing, Defoe is far too similar to RS for me.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
I am sure at Valencia, Soldado always had a strike partner. Maybe that is what is required. If you signed somebody like Benteke, I could see him holding the ball up whilst Soldado ghosts into goal scoring positions. If AVB wanted to play with one striker you could always have Lamela or Erikesen off Benteke, like VDV played. It is a shame that Adebayor's gone off the rails again as I could see him and Soldado making a good pairing, Defoe is far too similar to RS for me.

I don't think AVB is going to change his system at all, unless we are chasing a game. I think he's going to start one up top the whole time, with a number 10 in behind. That's been part of our problem too, the players that have been playing that role have not been playing advanced enough.

Benteke was the one I wanted this summer and I think he would do very well in our system. I actually think a full-firing and motivated Adebayor would also work up there on his own, though I very much doubt we'll ever see that player in our colours again.

FrostyNRG said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:

I don't think AVB is going to change his system at all, unless we are chasing a game. I think he's going to start one up top the whole time, with a number 10 in behind. That's been part of our problem too, the players that have been playing that role have not been playing advanced enough.

Benteke was the one I wanted this summer and I think he would do very well in our system. I actually think a full-firing and motivated Adebayor would also work up there on his own, though I very much doubt we'll ever see that player in our colours again.

Well for the one at top, Adebayor trying is pretty much a perfect striker. Lightning quick, decent touch, can hold up play etc. Shame he only cares about the money and not the game.

Still it's worth AVB swallowing his pride and trying to get the best out him, as you said Benteke would have been perfect, but I think it was easy to convince him to give Villa another year: his form not disrupted by a move before the world cup and a good showing at the world cup will gain even greater interest.

I still think Tottenham have had the most upheaval out of all the teams. Losing your star player and adding so many is not easy. AVB is doing quite well with organisation at the minute, because your defenders are not great.

supercrystal7 said:
Well for the one at top, Adebayor trying is pretty much a perfect striker. Lightning quick, decent touch, can hold up play etc. Shame he only cares about the money and not the game.

Still it's worth AVB swallowing his pride and trying to get the best out him, as you said Benteke would have been perfect, but I think it was easy to convince him to give Villa another year: his form not disrupted by a move before the world cup and a good showing at the world cup will gain even greater interest.

I still think Tottenham have had the most upheaval out of all the teams. Losing your star player and adding so many is not easy. AVB is doing quite well with organisation at the minute, because your defenders are not great.

From what I've heard, Ade's actions in the past have pretty much eliminated the possibility of him playing for us again (or at least being a regular in the team). Faking illness to miss games then showing up at nightclubs the same day, acting like a child, missing training, refusing to play U21 games to increase his fitness, etc, etc. I think he's burned his bridges to be honest.

GHoddle said:
supercrystal7 said:

From what I've heard, Ade's actions in the past have pretty much eliminated the possibility of him playing for us again (or at least being a regular in the team). Faking illness to miss games then showing up at nightclubs the same day, acting like a child, missing training, refusing to play U21 games to increase his fitness, etc, etc. I think he's burned his bridges to be honest.
its football and its a business. if spurs feel adebayor will win games he will play. after all spurs are paying him 6 figures a week to do just that.

GHoddle said:
supercrystal7 said:

If only there could have been some way of predicting this kind of behaviour, a track record of it, a precedent if you will..........

BZH4lqhIYAAw6fc.jpg:large

On the 24th, Aguero will be left behind by Lamela.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.