The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimfv1 said:
I don't think AVB knows his best first eleven, because that is his starting point. Pick the best first eleven, then look who is injured and play those who can do the job required.

Demebele, Sandro and Paulinho, why not have these three on the pitch together, Sandro holding and the other two supporting the attack when required. Paulinho looked very poor yesterday but he has been scoring goals, so I guess that's why he was picked to start. Townsend should have started for them, he is probably their most dangerous player, and maybe play 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 with Lennon on the opposite wing.

Spurs just looked like a team trying too settle in too many new players at one go. I think if AVB knows his best first eleven then he can introduce the new players more gradually and get Spurs back to form. I hope they give Utd a game next week, but anyway thanks for the three points on Sunday.

Totally agree. I'm not sure why he seen fit to change the team so much.

Surely the back 4 of Walker, Dawson, Chiriches and Vertonghen has been playing well enough to merit a start? (Although they need a new left back so Vertonghen can move back inside).

Then you have a good base in midfield of Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho which should be a lot more competitive than having Holtby in there.

Not much to choose between the wide players but I would have personally started with Lennon and Townsend for yesterday's game, with Soldado up front.

That team might not have won the game but should have been way more competitive than the one AVB picked yesterday.

GunnerGer said:
Jimfv1 said:
I don't think AVB knows his best first eleven, because that is his starting point. Pick the best first eleven, then look who is injured and play those who can do the job required.

Demebele, Sandro and Paulinho, why not have these three on the pitch together, Sandro holding and the other two supporting the attack when required. Paulinho looked very poor yesterday but he has been scoring goals, so I guess that's why he was picked to start. Townsend should have started for them, he is probably their most dangerous player, and maybe play 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 with Lennon on the opposite wing.

Spurs just looked like a team trying too settle in too many new players at one go. I think if AVB knows his best first eleven then he can introduce the new players more gradually and get Spurs back to form. I hope they give Utd a game next week, but anyway thanks for the three points on Sunday.

Totally agree. I'm not sure why he seen fit to change the team so much.

Surely the back 4 of Walker, Dawson, Chiriches and Vertonghen has been playing well enough to merit a start? (Although they need a new left back so Vertonghen can move back inside).

Then you have a good base in midfield of Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho which should be a lot more competitive than having Holtby in there.

Not much to choose between the wide players but I would have personally started with Lennon and Townsend for yesterday's game, with Soldado up front.

That team might not have won the game but should have been way more competitive than the one AVB picked yesterday.

I must admit, when I saw Chiriches left out, and Holtby starting, I felt a LOT more confident.

I think Holtby is one of the most overrated players (only by spuds fans) in the Premier League.

And Lamela, £30m? Dreadful yesterday.

Seems he wrote this game of and was saving Townsend and dembelle for the European game for me those 2 should be starting every game they are there best players

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Ducado said:
I must say the Spurs fans on here are mostly good, not half as annoying as some of the Arsenal fans

...yet the most annoying fan of any other club on this entire website is a Spurs fan who has called our owner a despot and a tyrant, as well as wumming left, right and centre.
I doubt he would be tolerated anywhere else.
I know I wouldn't either, but that isn't really the point.
I'm sure he will be back soon to regale us with some lurid technicolour monstrosity that hurts the eyes showing us just how we managed to lose yesterday.
As has been mentioned a few times in this thread since yesterday's match, THFC6061 is banned so won't be coming on to post anything!

Matty said:
Ducado said:
I must say the Spurs fans on here are mostly good, not half as annoying as some of the Arsenal fans

...yet the most annoying fan of any other club on this entire website is a Spurs fan who has called our owner a despot and a tyrant, as well as wumming left, right and centre.
I'm sure he will be back soon to regale us with some lurid technicolour monstrosity that hurts the eyes showing us just how we managed to lose yesterday.
As has been mentioned a few times in this thread since yesterday's match, THFC6061 is banned so won't be coming on to post anything!

What was he banned for?

Can't you let him back on just for a day so we can gloat? :p

Bilboblue said:
Matty said:

What was he banned for?

I want to see a rainbow-coloured venn diagram showing exactly what led up to the ban, how the moderators reacted, and a post-ban interview with the great man himself, live by video link from Tel Aviv, where he shows us that he isn't really banned at all if you look at the stats.

Bilboblue said:
Matty said:

What was he banned for?

I want to see a rainbow-coloured venn diagram showing exactly what led up to the ban, how the moderators reacted, and a post-ban interview with the great man himself, live by video link from Tel Aviv, where he shows us that he isn't really banned at all if you look at the stats.

Here's a graph to honour his memory.

aoYBsVx.png

AVB over complicating tactics, Harry far more suited for spurs .. would of played a simple 4-4-2 .. Defoe and Adebayor upfront, Lennon and Townsend on the wings and 2 defensive mid in the center would of gave a far better account of themselves. It serves the fans right for slagging Harry off when he was getting them champions league football and making out AVB was a genius when it was only Bale getting them points.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:39 am --<br /><br />
stony said:
Bilboblue said:

aoYBsVx.png

Sergio Aguero 10
Tottenham 9

stony said:
Bilboblue said:
What was he banned for?

aoYBsVx.png

'doffs cap to Stony'

avb this avb that

plain and simple we were the better team,clinical and skillful in everything we did yesterday

and that without vinnie and merlin

and ya ya coasting for most of the 90 apart from his burst for sergio's 2nd

if we can click that away form....scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.