The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crouchinho said:
To be fair I think most of us Spurs fans post after a defeat, just not as quickly as some would like lol. I don't know if THFC is banned but I'm sure he will post once he cans.
I'm looking forward to his contribution.

Crouchinho said:
It was pretty much normal to get heavy defeats for Spurs 20 years ago, so losing big doesn't bother me as much as some other fans. It's weird with football as you can forget about a crap result after a week or so once you win.
Same here, even after the FA cup win and League title, I've still more used to us losing.
Crouchinho said:
I thought Sandro played really well considering, if it wasn't for him it may well have been 8 or 9 goals.
He was your best player, but he was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Crouchinho said:
AVB is losing the plot completely. When he finally does decide to put two strikers on he takes off a midfielder which most of them didn't even bother turning up so that would just feck us up even more.
The praise AVB got last year wasn't justified and more than a little premature. The signs were there last season, but Bale kept on bailing you out. Without him you would have finished mid table.

Crouchinho said:
That's the best I've seen Navas play so far, he looked good and Nasri always seems to play well against us but I don't think he does it consistently enough. Yaya was fantastic second half too, mind you so was the whole team.

Oh well easy game next week, it's only United!

Easliy Navas's best game so far. Yaya was ok in the second half but he was terrible in the first.
Good luck against the rags. Going on your home form and todays performance, I predict a 0-0 or a sneaky 0-1 for the rags.

I must say the Spurs fans on here are mostly good, not half as annoying as some of the Arsenal fans

It's the most toothless Spurs team I have ever seen, I can't see AVB lasting long

THFC6061 said:
We're talking about The Beast, right?

P0365_zps63e4c0f3.png

...the goals conceded against both Arsenal & Newcastle happened when Sandro wasn't on the pitch.

So Spurs have yet to concede a goal this season in the 735 minutes Sandro has played.

I'd say that makes Sandro's contribution to Tottenham pretty well vital this season.
Shame then that AVB played Sandro"s doppelgänger.

Blue Haze said:
Watched the game again on replay. What exactly is Paulinho's role? I understood he's a CM or a DM, but he seems to drift around whimsically without defensive responsibilities. One time he was about 5 yards in front of Soldado, got called for being miles offside.

Sandro was the only midfielder taking responsibility for defending. No wonder we destroyed them, they only had 2 players bothering to stay back and defend. AVB's tactics were very naive, he approached this game like a kid on his Playstation.

He's the water carrier...... For fernandinio.

de niro said:
Blue Haze said:
Watched the game again on replay. What exactly is Paulinho's role? I understood he's a CM or a DM, but he seems to drift around whimsically without defensive responsibilities. One time he was about 5 yards in front of Soldado, got called for being miles offside.

Sandro was the only midfielder taking responsibility for defending. No wonder we destroyed them, they only had 2 players bothering to stay back and defend. AVB's tactics were very naive, he approached this game like a kid on his Playstation.

He's the water carrier...... For fernandinio.
And yet he gets in the Brasil team head of Fernandinio!

Granted the game was done and dusted by then but I was impressed with Dembele's contribution when he came on. Looked lively and was always looking to turn us.

Really surprised (and very glad) he didnt start.

He's someone I'd love to see us move for in Jan especially due to his versatility. Heard he is disillusioned at the Lane but alas wont happen.

I don't think AVB knows his best first eleven, because that is his starting point. Pick the best first eleven, then look who is injured and play those who can do the job required.

Demebele, Sandro and Paulinho, why not have these three on the pitch together, Sandro holding and the other two supporting the attack when required. Paulinho looked very poor yesterday but he has been scoring goals, so I guess that's why he was picked to start. Townsend should have started for them, he is probably their most dangerous player, and maybe play 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 with Lennon on the opposite wing.

Spurs just looked like a team trying too settle in too many new players at one go. I think if AVB knows his best first eleven then he can introduce the new players more gradually and get Spurs back to form. I hope they give Utd a game next week, but anyway thanks for the three points on Sunday.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Markt85 said:
IrelandSuperman said:
MOTD2 were, to me at least, excellent going over Spurs' tactical blunders, the wingers drifting in, overelaboration, too many touches, Soldado sailing everywhere but our box, etc.

Well done for mentioning that, MOTD gets really unfair criticism, the analysis is always very good

Oh FFS Mark! I watched it last night after it was broadcast and skipped past the analysis because there is no way I am going to waste time listening to Hansen and the "personality" that they had next to him. If you care about analysis (I don't really) you would be better off reading it off a dedicated online blog.

Totally agree about BBC's analysis which i find absolutely worthless. A great example yesterday was when comparing Sergio and the beast to Soldado. They used a graphic showing where our 2 had touches on the pitch, then showed Soldado with where he stood on the pitch. Two completely different things. If your going to compare them at least use the same comparison, it was like they had run out of time to compile the statistics. I also get sick of them having no real opinions, just coming out with the same old analysis of a 6 year old.

Ducado said:
I must say the Spurs fans on here are mostly good, not half as annoying as some of the Arsenal fans

...yet the most annoying fan of any other club on this entire website is a Spurs fan who has called our owner a despot and a tyrant, as well as wumming left, right and centre.
I doubt he would be tolerated anywhere else.
I know I wouldn't either, but that isn't really the point.
I'm sure he will be back soon to regale us with some lurid technicolour monstrosity that hurts the eyes showing us just how we managed to lose yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.