The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The squad really is immense. Better than United, Liverpool and runs Arsenal close.

Any other manager would have been sacked after signing Paulinho, Eriksen, Soldado and Lamela.

Blue Hefner said:
What exactly is Spurs 'connection with Ajax'?
Chas and Dave were wrongly accused by many of singing the theme tune to Only fools and horses.
The 1985 Xmas special 'to Hull and back' had the Trotters setting sail for Holland on an old trawler.
On reaching Holland Del boy waves at a Dutch person and says "Ajax".
So there you have it. I hope this has been of some help.

alky313 said:
The squad really is immense. Better than United, Liverpool and runs Arsenal close.

Any other manager would have been sacked after signing Paulinho, Eriksen, Soldado and Lamela.

I pretty much agree with this. I'm not having it that they bought average players in the summer, as one City fan said earlier in this thread. They've signed some tremendous players but for one reason or another it's not really clicking for them at the moment.

I did post on here a couple of weeks ago that I felt that AVB is a good manager and he's probably still working out the best system and tactics to use that will suit the new recruits. A Spurs fan made the point in response that if anything, AVB is possibly trying to be too tactical for his own good rather than keeping it somewhat more simple. It was an interesting argument and perhaps that's what the issue is - that he's almost trying to be too clever for his own good.

The daft thing is, their points total isn't too bad to be fair but it's the manner of some of the defeats that is surely putting him under a lot of pressure. 6-0 against us, 5-0 at home to Liverpool, and 3-0 at home to West Ham. If all those games had ended in 1-0 defeats then the spotlight wouldn't be on him anywhere near as much.

M18CTID said:
alky313 said:

I pretty much agree with this. I'm not having it that they bought average players in the summer, as one City fan said earlier in this thread. They've signed some tremendous players but for one reason or another it's not really clicking for them at the moment.

I did post on here a couple of weeks ago that I felt that AVB is a good manager and he's probably still working out the best system and tactics to use that will suit the new recruits. A Spurs fan made the point in response that if anything, AVB is possibly trying to be too tactical for his own good rather than keeping it somewhat more simple. It was an interesting argument and perhaps that's what the issue is - that he's almost trying to be too clever for his own good.

The daft thing is, their points total isn't too bad to be fair but it's the manner of some of the defeats that is surely putting him under a lot of pressure. 6-0 against us, 5-0 at home to Liverpool, and 3-0 at home to West Ham. If all those games had ended in 1-0 defeats then the spotlight wouldn't be on him anywhere near as much.

Agreed once more. Problem is they don't even look like they have a system. There is no go-to in the Spurs system. No area where if they can't score; you know why.

Blue Hefner said:

Both clubs have historically been seen as having strong Jewish followings.
Ajax fans have been known to chant 'Joden', (Jews), in the same way that some Spurs fans sing 'Yid Army', and Star of David flags are fairly commonplace.
Feyenoord fans hate them with a passion, and have attracted their fair share of neo-Nazi nutters over the years.
Both clubs also share a huge sense of entitlement and think they are still important, even though they are dining out on past glories when they actually had half decent sides, and are now simply mediocre.

alky313 said:
M18CTID said:
alky313 said:

Agreed once more. Problem is they don't even look like they have a system. There is no go-to in the Spurs system. No area where if they can't score; you know why.

Yeah, it's weird that they're scoring so few goals. I look at their players and feel they should be almost as free-scoring as us.

The only way Spurs have any chance of finishing in the top 4 is if they either:-

A - Sack AVB and replace him with a manager who uses tactics/formations that actually compliment the players they have.

or

B - AVB changes his tactical approach and utilises one which plays to the strengths of the players he's got.

If they keep AVB, and he continues with his current tactical approach, then they are destined for the Europa League at best.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Blue Hefner said:

Both clubs have historically been seen as having strong Jewish followings.
Ajax fans have been known to chant 'Joden', (Jews), in the same way that some Spurs fans sing 'Yid Army', and Star of David flags are fairly commonplace.
Feyenoord fans hate them with a passion, and have attracted their fair share of neo-Nazi nutters over the years.
Both clubs also share a huge sense of entitlement and think they are still important, even though they are dining out on past glories when they actually had half decent sides, and are now simply mediocre.
Absolute bumcum. I stand by my post.

Blue Hefner said:

I'm not sure there is one. Both clubs having a Jewish heritage (I think Ajax do, anyway). Is that enough for a "connection" though?
You might as well say that Notre Dame & Glasgow Celtic have a connection, at that rate.
Fair enough to say though (if I'm right about Ajax heritage, this is) that having a shared heritage makes it easier to do business. That's human nature, after all. There again Barcelona are presumably Catholic and they'd have far stronger links with Ajax, I would suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.