The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mad4city said:
Blue Hefner said:
What exactly is Spurs 'connection with Ajax'?

I'm not sure there is one. Both clubs having a Jewish heritage (I think Ajax do, anyway). Is that enough for a "connection" though?
You might as well say that Notre Dame & Glasgow Celtic have a connection, at that rate.
Fair enough to say though (if I'm right about Ajax heritage, this is) that having a shared heritage makes it easier to do business. That's human nature, after all. There again Barcelona are presumably Catholic and they'd have far stronger links with Ajax, I would suggest.

I appreciate the Jewish connection(no sure what Ajax opinion of it sis though) but i wouldn't say that is grounds for Spurs hiring De Boer like has been suggested.

Spurs seem to have a habit of hiring the next 'big thing' such as Ramos, Santini, AVB with not very good results. De Boer, if offered, would be wise to steer clear

Matty said:
The only way Spurs have any chance of finishing in the top 4 is if they either:-

A - Sack AVB and replace him with a manager who uses tactics/formations that actually compliment the players they have.

or

B - AVB changes his tactical approach and utilises one which plays to the strengths of the players he's got.

If they keep AVB, and he continues with his current tactical approach, then they are destined for the Europa League at best.

Well, seems Spurs are going with option A!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.