The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancitymick said:
Kun Aguero said:
Quality reading!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/4991-Fair-play-Daniel-Levy/page3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread ... Levy/page3</a>

Having just read the link I am so glad he was fooked off
there's a poster on there, username charlietheyid, someone should tell the fa

Sherwood is pissing me off already with his public pleas to get the spuds job full time.
Now he's saying he doesn't want to be an assistant.
Wanker, straight out of the redknapp mould.

derryCITY said:
Sherwood is pissing me off already with his public pleas to get the spuds job full time.
it doesnt take much to piss you off then.

a caretaker manager wants the fulltime shocker. in other news the sky is blue.

adrianr said:
GHoddle said:
De Boer is clearly the manager we want but I have no idea if he'll want to join us or not. The media have been late to pick up on it.

At the risk of sounding like a rag, I think De Boer is aiming for his next job to be one of the bigger ones. Currently he challenges for the league, plays in the CL every season, etc. I think he'd want all of that still, just at a higher level. No idea if anyone would give it to him of course, but we'll have to wait and see. The Barca job could conceivably be opening up within a couple of seasons.

Still, if he can go to Spurs and make them title contenders, a lot of clubs will sit up and take notice. That's no small task going up against us, Chelsea, Arsenal and the shite (Bit smaller in the case of the latter ;)).

It would be quite a risk for any club in a bigger league to hire De Boer imo. He strikes me as quite similar to AVB in profile (when AVB was at Porto), though the Dutch league is now a bit more competitive than the Portuguese league was then. I'm not even sure that he would be the right manager for us but he's the person that our club wants apparently.

That said, the group of players at Ajax are really not very good (in Premier League standards). I don't think their squad is even as good as Swansea's right now tbh. Whereas at Porto AVB had world class players. So I would also be surprised if De Boer wasn't interested in the Spurs job given that he would have a much better set of players to work with (imo), could prove himself in a bigger league and would make more money. I might be wrong about that though.

derryCITY said:

Sherwood can't become manager until he does his UEFA pro license. Doesn't have it which means he can manage us for a maximum of 12 weeks on a caretaker basis unless he begins it in that time. I might be wrong but I don't see why he would want the job, he already holds a higher position at Tottenham than the manager does.

GHoddle said:
adrianr said:
GHoddle said:
De Boer is clearly the manager we want but I have no idea if he'll want to join us or not. The media have been late to pick up on it.

At the risk of sounding like a rag, I think De Boer is aiming for his next job to be one of the bigger ones. Currently he challenges for the league, plays in the CL every season, etc. I think he'd want all of that still, just at a higher level. No idea if anyone would give it to him of course, but we'll have to wait and see. The Barca job could conceivably be opening up within a couple of seasons.

Still, if he can go to Spurs and make them title contenders, a lot of clubs will sit up and take notice. That's no small task going up against us, Chelsea, Arsenal and the shite (Bit smaller in the case of the latter ;)).

It would be quite a risk for any club in a bigger league to hire De Boer imo. He strikes me as quite similar to AVB in profile (when AVB was at Porto), though the Dutch league is now a bit more competitive than the Portuguese league was then. I'm not even sure that he would be the right manager for us but he's the person that our club wants apparently.

That said, the group of players at Ajax are really not very good (in Premier League standards). I don't think their squad is even as good as Swansea's right now tbh. Whereas at Porto AVB had world class players. So I would also be surprised if De Boer wasn't interested in the Spurs job given that he would have a much better set of players to work with (imo), could prove himself in a bigger league and would make more money. I might be wrong about that though.

I've not read the last few pages but how would you feel if Bergkamp was to join De Boer at the lane, seeing as he's De Boers assistant just now?

GunnerGer said:
I've not read the last few pages but how would you feel if Bergkamp was to join De Boer at the lane, seeing as he's De Boers assistant just now?

Wouldn't care. How would you feel about it lol?

GHoddle said:
GunnerGer said:

Wouldn't care. How would you feel about it lol?

Ooft.....that would be a strange one like. I'm not sure how it would work mind you, because he's still got the flying fear!

I always thought there might be a place for him running the Arsenal academy, but not sure if that would be enough for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.