The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
neel said:
looked much fluid yesterday with 2 up front

There will be the inevitable "why didn't AVB play like this"-type of stuff. Much of which is justified. But there was also a good bit of evidence as to why he wanted as many defensive midfielders as possible in front of out slow-ass CBs. Dawson has lost whatever form he once had and Chiriches is too slow. Maybe the latter's positional awareness will increase with more time in the league, but they were running off him whenever they had half a chance.

This Sherwood fella seems to epitomise Tottenham - incredible arrogance with absolutely nothing to back it up. I for one am hoping Levy outdoes himself and appoints the clown until the end of the season. I genuinely think he could drag them into the second half of the table given enough time.

Turner89 said:
This Sherwood fella seems to epitomise Tottenham - incredible arrogance with absolutely nothing to back it up. I for one am hoping Levy outdoes himself and appoints the clown until the end of the season. I genuinely think he could drag them into the second half of the table given enough time.

Why? Because he aspires to a big time job? Just like our club aspires to CL football and trophies and is sick of sitting at the kids' table?

I would hate if we didn't have high hopes.

Turner89 said:
This Sherwood fella seems to epitomise Tottenham - incredible arrogance with absolutely nothing to back it up.

He does come across as arrogant. However, fair play to Sherwood. Let's not forget he captained a league winning team. That in itself deserves some respect.

I watched Spurs at the weekend. It was a good win but I just couldn't help but feel the win was papering over cracks. The midfield was pourous and the centre-halves struggled with players darting in behind them. A win is a win though.

If I was Sherwood, I would look at bringing in Bentaleb. Granted he wasn't on long but he looks very tidy and a more effective player than Dembele.

For me the main problem Spurs have, along with the lack of quality defenders, is the balance between midfield and attack. They don't have the strikers to play 451 nor the central midfielders to play 442.

fac63 said:
Turner89 said:

Why? Because he aspires to a big time job? Just like our club aspires to CL football and trophies and is sick of sitting at the kids' table?

You can't polish a turd

If the spuds faithful are happy with him potentially being manager it becomes a barometer for the general consensus us 'city' fans have of you .......... Numpties!!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
fac63 said:
Turner89 said:

You can't polish a turd

If the spuds faithful are happy with him potentially being manager it becomes a barometer for the general consensus us 'city' fans have of you .......... Numpties!!!

I never said that I want him as a manager. I was speaking to the point about him coming across as arrogant. What do you want him to say? "Well, it was a good win, but really I'm nothing more than a backroom coach. We should get someone in here that really knows what the fuck they're doing if we want to sort this mess out long-term." That would instill a lot of confidence in the squad. And if he wants to use this opportunity to show to Spurs or any other side that he's up for the challenge, then fair play.

It takes a certain amount of confidence and arrogance to advance in any field. Most people just don' get a microphone stuck in their face and require some public self-analysis. But if he's too arrogant for you, so be it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25487647" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25487647</a>

Disrespected? Get a grip Emmanual Adebayor - It's you who does the disrespecting
You are a complete and utter waster and disrespect everyone you work for and with.

If he actually put some work in he could be one of the best strikers in the world - but he doesn't and so he isn't.
He loves money but can't be bothered putting in an ounce of work for his team.
When he moves to a new team or gets a new manager he'll be bothered for about 4 weeks then he will sit on his arse again and do jack schidt. He is a serial waster and goodness knows why ANY team is interested in him.
My arse supporting friends were delighted when we bought him. And I was delighted that Levy took him off our hands (though there was no transfer money as a result - it all went to pay his extra wages at Spuds). But I didn't care because he was no longer our problem.
Adebayor - waster of the year. This year and every year.

There that feels better...

Manc in London said:
For me the main problem Spurs have, along with the lack of quality defenders, is the balance between midfield and attack. They don't have the strikers to play 451 nor the central midfielders to play 442.

Agree about the defenders and strikers. I think Sandro (when healthy) could pair with Paulinho or Dembele in the middle of a 442 quite effectively.

BlueAnorak said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25487647

Disrespected? Get a grip Emmanual Adebayor - It's you who does the disrespecting
You are a complete and utter waster and disrespect everyone you work for and with.

If he actually put some work in he could be one of the best strikers in the world - but he doesn't and so he isn't.
When he moves to a new team or gets a new manager he'll be bothered for about 4 weeks then he will sit on his arse again and do jack schidt. He is a serial waster and goodness knows why ANY team is interested in him.
My arse supporting friends were delighted when we bought him. And I was delighted that Levy took him off our hands (though there was no transfer money as a result - it all went to pay his extra wages at Spuds). But I didn't care because he was no longer our problem.

Harsh but true.

Plaything of the gods said:
BlueAnorak said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25487647

Harsh but true.

I was thinking the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.