The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crouchinho said:
Great win but should have scored 4 or 5 goals. Another indication why Defoe rarely starts today

-- Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:57 pm --

GHoddle said:
Thankfully I was wrong. Still think it was an odd lineup but Capoue was good as a CB, and Naughton played surprisingly well.

HUGE improvement in our attack today. Holtby excellent I thought, and Walker best player on the pitch. Watch out City, we're only 2 points and, erm, +27 goal difference from you!

Agree about Holtby, fantastic display, I think he's finally showing what he can do. Walker for me has been our best player this season, he struggled last season but really putting in some great performances this time around

Agree, certainly up there as one of our best performers. Won't stop some people calling him "brainless" though.

Crouchinho said:
Great win but should have scored 4 or 5 goals. Another indication why Defoe rarely starts today

You think Soldado would of done better?
Sorry but i feel that if you give Defoe a run of games he will start scoring soon.
I mean he didn't score today but he did cause problems which Soldado does not do.

LFC-Jay said:
Crouchinho said:

Sorry but i feel that if you give Defoe a run of games he will start scoring soon.
I mean he didn't score today but he did cause problems which Soldado does not do.
Defoe is a far better player than Soldado.

jimharri said:
LFC-Jay said:
Crouchinho said:

He's really not.

Unlike most Blues right now I would be quite happy with a strong Spurs. I would much rather see them in the top 4 than Liverpool or United.

GHoddle said:
Crouchinho said:

GHoddle said:
Thankfully I was wrong. Still think it was an odd lineup but Capoue was good as a CB, and Naughton played surprisingly well.

HUGE improvement in our attack today. Holtby excellent I thought, and Walker best player on the pitch. Watch out City, we're only 2 points and, erm, +27 goal difference from you!

Agree about Holtby, fantastic display, I think he's finally showing what he can do. Walker for me has been our best player this season, he struggled last season but really putting in some great performances this time around

Agree, certainly up there as one of our best performers. Won't stop some people calling him "brainless" though.

I think he made many mistakes last season that he got that unfair tag. I still don't think he's the best defensively but he has been excellent this season

jimharri said:
LFC-Jay said:
Crouchinho said:

Disagree mate, why do you say that though? Defoe has had chance after chance in a Spurs shirt. He was always behind Berbs and Keane and even with Adebayor and Saha at one point. His finishing is always the same, blast it as hard as you can with no composure. If he could finish as well as his movement he'd had 25-30 goals a season but that will never happen.

Defoe hasn't scored in the league since April and only has 26 league goals in 4 seasons. He goes through patches of brilliance then goes way off the boil, very frustrating player. Very good as an impact player but I wouldn't trust him long term

Soldado has had to feed off scraps in a Spurs shirt, if you can even call it scraps. We haven't been playing to his strengths at all. He was unfortunate not to play in his last two games where we have been more direct (probaby due to AVB being under the cosh)

I'm sure Soldado playing for City would have double the amount of goals he has at Spurs

Crouchinho said:
jimharri said:

Disagree mate, why do you say that though? Defoe has had chance after chance in a Spurs shirt. He was always behind Berbs and Keane and even with Adebayor and Saha at one point. His finishing is always the same, blast it as hard as you can with no composure. If he could finish as well as his movement he'd had 25-30 goals a season but that will never happen.

Defoe hasn't scored in the league since April and only has 26 league goals in 4 seasons. He goes through patches of brilliance then goes way off the boil, very frustrating player. Very good as an impact player but I wouldn't trust him long term

Soldado has had to feed off scraps in a Spurs shirt, if you can even call it scraps. We haven't been playing to his strengths at all. He was unfortunate not to play in his last two games where we have been more direct (probaby due to AVB being under the cosh)

I'm sure Soldado playing for City would have double the amount of goals he has at Spurs
He would because City have a team with lots of creativity where as Spurs dont.
Soldado is a poacher and Spurs dont play to his strengths. (My opinion)
In my opinion Spurs paid too much for Soldado when they probably could of bought Remy for £8m<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:01 pm --<br /><br />
Crouchinho said:
jimharri said:

He would because City have a team with lots of creativity where as Spurs dont.
Soldado is a poacher and Spurs dont play to his strengths. (My opinion)
In my opinion Spurs paid too much for Soldado when they probably could of bought Remy for £8m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.