The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

moomba said:
You can look further into it than that as well.

Adebayor 77%, Parker 78%, Modric 81%, Van der Vart 83%, Lennon 85%, Sandro 91%, Bale 96%.

Thats comparing the number of touches each of the above get per 90 minutes against a top 5 side against the number of touches they get per 90 minutes against a non top 5 side. Spurs overall is 87%.

Adebayor 77%, Parker 79%, Modric 79%, Van der Vart 80%, Bale 89%, Sandro 91%, Lennon 92%.

Thats comparing the number of touches they have against a top 5 club per loss of possession to the number of touches they have against a non top 5 club per loss of possession. Spurs overall is 88%.

A few Spurs players seem to go missing in the bigger games, particularly Ade, Parker and Modric.

Interesting, where did you get these stats from? Would like to see similar for the other top sides.

Daft as it may seem, results against the top sides in the division aren't necessarily the be all and end all. Titles can be won even with a poor record against your direct rivals at the top of the league.

The best example of this was when United won the league in 2008-09. IIRC in the head-to-heads amongst the so-called "Sky 4" they finished bottom of that mini-league. However, they were the ultimate flat-track bullies that season in that they won 23 and drew 1 of their 24 games against the bottom 12 teams.

i know spurs roll over for united but is a lttle diferent this season, if spurs lose to united arsenal and chelsea are right up behind them and spurs know they have to go to chelsea in a few weeks this alone should fre them up
i'm going for spurs 2 united 0

lee-mcfc said:
Is it true that bale, Parker and walker are out vs united??

A lot of rumours going around. Parker is banned. Apparently Walker, VDV, Bale, and Friedel are all nursng injuries. I've heard conflicting reports regarding Bale, some are saying that he'll play, others are saying that he's out for three weeks, so i'd take it all with a large pinch of salt atm.

Still with that, if past games against UTD are anything to go by everyone will be injured and we'll have to play the under 18's against them. We'll have 2 goals ruled out even though the ball practically rips the net, and UTD will get 3 penalties because wooney tripped over his own laces.

Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
stonerblue said:
Crouchinho said:
It's a general forum mate. As far as I know outsiders are welcome. We know where we are as well and quite enjoy posting here. Thanks for the advice too, I assume you're a mod

-- Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:18 pm --

I'm sorry, mate, but when a long standing member of bluemoon is accused of being 'tedious' by a fuckintottenham fan on a City website then i have to wonder what the fuckin world is coming to

If i was a mod i'd have fucked the lot of you off after we dicked you twice this season.

So you reckon us blues can say what we want and if they come back with something then boot em off? If you can give it, then take it. Take it, take it.

PS long standing member? :)

10fyom9.gif
;)

Harry Redknapp has laughed off claims Gareth Bale could be out for a month.

Bale missed Wales’ 1-0 loss to Costa Rica in midweek with a hamstring problem and newspaper reports suggested the Spurs winger could be facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Manchester United are the visitors to White Hart Lane on Sunday in a crunch Premier League fixture but Redknapp expects the former Southampton star to play against the champions.

He said: “Gareth has had a bit of a hamstring [injury]. Hopefully he should be OK [for the match against Man United].”

When asked about the rumours that Bale could be out for a month, the Spurs manager went on to say: “That’s absolutely a million miles [away from the truth]. He hasn’t even got a tear in his hamstring, it’s just a little bit tight. He should be OK, it shouldn’t be a problem

bluemonkey71 said:
Harry Redknapp has laughed off claims Gareth Bale could be out for a month.

Bale missed Wales’ 1-0 loss to Costa Rica in midweek with a hamstring problem and newspaper reports suggested the Spurs winger could be facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Manchester United are the visitors to White Hart Lane on Sunday in a crunch Premier League fixture but Redknapp expects the former Southampton star to play against the champions.

He said: “Gareth has had a bit of a hamstring [injury]. Hopefully he should be OK [for the match against Man United].”

When asked about the rumours that Bale could be out for a month, the Spurs manager went on to say: “That’s absolutely a million miles [away from the truth]. He hasn’t even got a tear in his hamstring, it’s just a little bit tight. He should be OK, it shouldn’t be a problem

sorry you missed the bit where he sucked the rags off and said the rags cant lose

we know what'll happen Sunday. Spuds will get dicked either by playing shit or by the ref.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.