The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Definitely want Spurs to deny Chelsea CL football it will hinder their chance of getting a top class manager and their ability to attract top class players.

Crouchinho said:
Marvin said:
On what I have seen tonight, Spurs have nothing to fear from Chelsea.

I am not sure if Chelsea were blunted by RDM's negative tactics but they were very poor

We never do well at The Bridge, not sure why our form has gone so much downhill. It's easy to blame Harry being unsettled but we've struggled for a while. I think most knew our season would kickstart again after the Chelsea match. Luckily we gave ourselves a nice cushion going into the tough fixtures. Still, I think we should be beating the likes of Stoke at home.

I watched your game while watching Spurs on an awful stream. Chelsea tried the smash and grab and failed (great for Spurs) David Luis looked the only good player I thought for them

A big factor for me is that Redknapp never, or rarely rotates his team. You ran out of steam in the second half of last season. I would also question his training methods. I might be wrong but it seems to me he's a bit old school in that department, with a one size fits all, approach to training and fitness regimes. A player like Ledley King should have training regimes tailored to his personal needs. If he did, he may feature more. Its no coincidence Woodgate is playing much more for Stoke than he did under Redknapp at Spurs, when he was always injured.

No matter what happens with Spurs whoever gets the job has a huge rebuilding job to do on that defence in my view. The goalkeeper needs to be replaced you might get next season out of him but he needs replacing sooner rather than later. Defence King and Gallas needs replacing and whats left in my view isnt that great. Dawson has fallen from grace Bassong I know hes on loan at Spurs isnt good enough and Kabul has done well this season but is a liability in my view. The fullbacks seem ok. Midfield it all revolves around Parker and keeping him fit. Up front you need to splash the cash on a striker. Was shocked you let Robbie Keane go last season and not replace him with better. Saha isnt good enough and Adebayor is Adebayor cant see you signing him as you dont splash the cash on players no matter if you are in champions league or not.

With Arsenal now over taking you as well and on a good run to boot for Spurs to see Arsenal go by them will be hard to take. I dont know if they players have the know how to over take Arsenal once they go ahead of you and if its a 4 point gap by the end of the week they will be too hard for you catch them with the games they have remaining.

Manc in London said:
Spurs players and the coaching team have had a very difficult few days. Football rivalries aside, I wouldn't begrudge them a bit of good twatting.

edited for truth.

:)

Spurs have a pretty "easy" run-in (on paper) after the chelsea game. + Chelsea have a very tough one.

But that doesn't mean anything if they fail to beat the likes of Stoke at home, like they yesterday did.

If they can beat the teams they should do....they will finish top 4.

Unknown_Genius said:
Crouchinho said:
Marvin said:
On what I have seen tonight, Spurs have nothing to fear from Chelsea.

I am not sure if Chelsea were blunted by RDM's negative tactics but they were very poor

We never do well at The Bridge, not sure why our form has gone so much downhill. It's easy to blame Harry being unsettled but we've struggled for a while. I think most knew our season would kickstart again after the Chelsea match. Luckily we gave ourselves a nice cushion going into the tough fixtures. Still, I think we should be beating the likes of Stoke at home.

I watched your game while watching Spurs on an awful stream. Chelsea tried the smash and grab and failed (great for Spurs) David Luis looked the only good player I thought for them

A big factor for me is that Redknapp never, or rarely rotates his team. You ran out of steam in the second half of last season. I would also question his training methods. I might be wrong but it seems to me he's a bit old school in that department, with a one size fits all, approach to training and fitness regimes. A player like Ledley King should have training regimes tailored to his personal needs. If he did, he may feature more. Its no coincidence Woodgate is playing much more for Stoke than he did under Redknapp at Spurs, when he was always injured.

It's one of the criticisms about Harry which I do feel is a major problem. Parker's ran himself in to the ground and is apparently undroppable even though he's been very very poor for the last 5 or 6 games. Which seems ridiculous when we have one of the biggest pools of defensive midfielders in the prem with Livermore and Sandro, who are players that I greatly enjoy watching, with Hudd also on the way back to fitness who still has a lot of potential.

Although I can't agree with your comments regarding the training, neither of us know the ins and outs of the Spurs training and physiotherapy departments but by what little coverage there is in the media about it, King definitely does have his own training regime, it's not due to poor training facilities, his knees are just fucked plain and simple.

Woodgate also had a torrid time here injury wise here, and is playing more at Stoke, but he played more with us than he did at Real Madrid so in terms of quality of treatment and training would that make it Stoke>Spurs>Real Madrid? These problems are often a mind thing, a fresh start can help as well as being put on a pay per play contract as opposed to sitting on the treatment table picking up wages every week no questions asked will get more games

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Terry(c), Cahill, A Cole, Essien, Ramires, Lampard, Mata, Sturridge, Drogba.
Subs: Turnbull, Luiz, Mikel, Meireles, Malouda, Kalou, Torres.

Spurs: Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Parker, Sandro, Modric, Van Der Vaart, Bale, Adebayor.
Subs: Cudicini, Nelson, Rose, Livermore, Kranjcar, Saha, Defoe.

Referee: Martin Atkinson.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Cheers. Looking forward to this one, interesting to see Di Matteo keep picking Cahill over Luiz. Reckon Spurs can capitalise on this.

Luiz (and imo Mikel) were there best players against us.
Remember they have a midweek game coming up so he will be keeping one eye on that.

I would expect Cahill/Terry today and then Luiz/Cahill midweek as I don't think Terry can play 2 games in a week atm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.